aberdeen-music

I really like the ordinary boys, but are they neds?

JJ 10 Easy Wishes

Guest pop-notmyface

image can be deceiving, eh?

though i'd be inclined to agree that they look like they come from the chelsea suburbs or somewhere.

but i think they are more early blur like (take away the occasional trumpet)

er no. A very nice pop/ska/punk/indie band in actual fact.

They were a hardcore band called the Pirates' date=' a few of them were also in a power violence band Man Eaten By Moth....and they were in a ska band when they were 12....I have heard neither...but their websites still around...

[url']http://www.angelfire.com/80s/thepiratesuk/

Guest Tam o' Shantie

the ordinary boys tried to tap me for a fag. i told them to fuck off, that i didn't smoke and they tried to get their mate son em. but littled did they fuck ing know that i had 10 knives, and i gutted their shtity abdoments lik e a fucking fisherman,. they ddidn;t like this, so they went back to the charts. you kno what i;m saing.>?

• 2 weeks later...

95412nd rate Madness.

I'm sure there's a remix of one of their tracks on the "SSX 3" soundtrack which is ok, but "Boys Will Be Boys" is an utterly shameless rip-off.

I'm really disappointed that the mainstream press is making out that Ordinary Boys, Arctic Monkeys etc. are brilliant and the future of British music, when they are just Madness/Specials/Jam/whatever clones.

Am I the only one who thinks Hard-Fi have a touch of Tears For Fears about them?

Pish utter.

95412nd rate Madness.

I'm sure there's a remix of one of their tracks on the "SSX 3" soundtrack which is ok' date=' but "Boys Will Be Boys" is an utterly shameless rip-off.

I'm really disappointed that the mainstream press is making out that Ordinary Boys, Arctic Monkeys etc. are brilliant and the future of British music, when they are just Madness/Specials/Jam/whatever clones.

Am I the only one who thinks Hard-Fi have a touch of Tears For Fears about them?

Pish utter.[/quote']

Who on earth is talking about the Ordinary Boys being the future of British music?