aberdeen-music

Belle and Sebastian!

JJ 10 Easy Wishes

Aye, that bunch were beginning to piss me off especially when some of them managed to get up onstage. Apart from that though it was a brilliant gig, there were a few songs I would've liked them to play that they didn't - state I am in and lazy line painter jane but it was still a great selection, the new songs were sounding pretty good too. Good to see king creosote again as well!

Yes' date=' they were great. I thought the mosh pit added some fun. And it proved you can get good sound in The Music Hall.[/quote']

I can't remember if I said it to you last night but I'd say it was the best sound I've ever heard in there. I'd even go as far as saying King Creosote sounded better than any other gig in the MH I'd been at up until that point - Kenny sounded awesome, what a voice.

The last time B&S played there I was underwhelmed - mostly due to the appalingly quiet sound so I wasn't super-enthusiastic about going last night (in fact, I only remembered half way through the day that the gig was that night).

The people chosen to clap were amazingly rubbish. They did give me a chuckle though - mind you, they outstayed their welcome a bit & should have just pissed off without the need to shout in the mics.

Only complaints? Well, the noisy "mosh pit", I suppose and no "The Boy With The Arab Strap".

Other than those minor quiblles, it was an amazing gig.

That's the best sounding gig I've heard at the Music Hall. I thought B&S played a great set and only three major cockups throughout! (Always) Worth going for Stevie's dancing alone. Why is it that everytime a band get people on stage to clap along , they always end up with a bunch of arrhythmic percussive trolls?

I didn't think much of King Creosote, they reminded me of the bad songs on the white album...

Belle and Sebastian were super good, I thought the news songs were really good. The audience members who got up on stage were the worst clappers I've ever seen. Plus it seemed like every second man in the Music Hall was bald.

this was fucking ace. I saw Chris and Bobby in town before hand and got really excited and then by the time i got to the gig it was amazing. Was much more impressed by King Creosote this time round than at Arab Strap.

The sound was amazing, I was right down at the front and yes, the hand clappers were shit. The rest of the band didnt look to impressed at Stuart's choices. Loved the wee tiff between Stuart and Stevie during the Model.

Quite possibly my favourite gig this year. Oh wait., it's only january

I enjoyed about 4 or 5 songs' date=' for the rest of the time I was bored. I'm sure if you were a big belle and sebastian fan it would have been good, but only really liking a few albums didn't work out in my favour.[/quote']

I thought you were just sad, rather than bored! I felt kinda sorry for you.

Would it be controversial to say that I thought the sound wasn't very good for some of the newer songs? Half the time you could hardly hear Stuart's voice.

Very fine gig, not as good as the Perth one last year but then again they did play almost all of Sinister that night :D Nae heard Dog on Wheels live before though.

• 4 months later...

Some may consider this cross-posting - if so please forgive me

Isobel Campbell+Lorenzo Snow Collective

Wednesday 31 May

The Lemon Tree

Tickets 9 (6 concessions & regulars)

Doors Open: 9.00pm

Show Starts: 9.30pm

Box Office: 01224 642230

Former Belle and Sebastian member Isobel Campbell has steered a fascinating musical course since leaving the band. Her latest album, Ballad Of The Broken Seas, a highly unlikely duet collection with Screaming Trees/Queens of The Stone Age singer Mark Lanegan has attracted much attention and acclaim, earned comparison with Lee Hazelwood and Nancy Sinatra for its widescreen, sometimes playful, sometimes dark sound.

www.isobelcampbell.com

this gig was pretty rubbish. ive seen many, many, many, many better gigs. for a bit before that gig i thought i liked them but wasnt sure. then i saw them and puked, then i saw a tv programme about them shortly after and puked some more, they make me sick