aberdeen-music

show of the (new) year (so far that is). Test Icicles, yes?

Guest pop-notmyface

Guest pop-notmyface

if they are a bit hyped at the moment, then it is justifiably so.

the glasgow barfly show was rrreally good. so here is a quick rundown of what makes a "rrreally good" show.

1. an empty stage with the sound of siren echoing through the venue. a helicopter is approaching in the distance, followed by a heavy tribal drum beat a la Audioslave. three guys in tight jeans and old sneakers enter the stage.

2. Sharks.

3. Sam E Danger staying true to his reputation by throwing his mic stand into the crowd.+

coop.jpg

4. Sam E Danger body-checking the 16 year olds at the front.

samedanger1kc.jpg

5. that Ministry of Sound impostor.

6. the joke about the dude that got himself pregnant.

7. Double penetration.

duet9qa.jpg

8. Devs' acoustic version of "Freak"

9. "Catch It" played to devastating effect. end.

10. after show party with lots of pretty chicks and that dj with the oversized glasses spinning the best songs to ever grace our ears.

o yeah. they should all be like this.

:]

Guest five years

doesn't stop them having a rubbish name and singer called sam e. danger.

forgive me, but they're not from "the strip" they're from some hovel like bolton, right? no-one this side of the pond is ALLOWED to have a name like sam e. danger or L.A. Riott or any of the other names these guys come up with...

(glad it was a good show though, glad someone can have a good show at that godforsaken barfly! :D)

Guest pop-notmyface
doesn't stop them having a rubbish name and singer called sam e. danger.

forgive me' date=' but they're not from "the strip" they're from some hovel like bolton, right? no-one this side of the pond is ALLOWED to have a name like sam e. danger or L.A. Riott or any of the other names these guys come up with...

(glad it was a good show though, glad someone can have a good show at that godforsaken barfly! :D)[/quote']

watchout, the 2006 Party Britton Generation is approaching fast....

Guest pop-notmyface
*sigh* Well that's alright then. I hoped he got lamped in the face back in the name of entertainment' date=' the silly cunt...

And my question still stands![/quote']

if it was me, i probably wouldn't be too happy either, but hell, i'd have a story to tell and the scar to prove it.

Guest five years
if it was me' date=' i probably wouldn't be too happy either, but hell, i'd have a story to tell and the scar to prove it.[/quote']

scars are so overrated. but very myspace...

"Hey look everyone... I have a fractured nose and nearly lost an eye because a guy the band 'pest trycicles' is so bloomin outrageous"

Would not recounting, with pride, such a story spark of being 'one or two steps short of a staircase'?

I get what your saying, but its just maybe a tad naff. Throw me on the stage and I'll take him out with a right hook...:rolleyes:

Guest pop-notmyface
"Hey look everyone... I have a fractured nose and nearly lost an eye because a guy the band 'pest trycicles' is so bloomin outrageous"

Would not recounting' date=' with pride, such a story spark of being 'one or two steps short of a staircase'?

I get what your saying, but its just maybe a tad naff. Throw me on the stage and I'll take him out with a right hook...:rolleyes:[/quote']

okay okay okay....but in terms of music and entertainment values, that band is a force to be reckoned with in the future. that's all i want to say. :)

okay okay okay....but in terms of music and entertainment values' date=' that band is a force to be reckoned with in the future. that's all i want to say. :)[/quote']

u are talking visual values, their new stable mates tbnbc will easily blow them away musically.

catch them at the tunnels on thursday

okay okay okay....but in terms of music and entertainment values' date=' that band is a force to be reckoned with in the future. that's all i want to say. :)[/quote']

why is it, that badly palyed, scrappy (but very energetic) is always heralded as "the future of music"?

bands like this have come and gone, surely "punk" (in it's original sense) is nigh on 30 years too late to be "the future" now?

the boot up the arse that WAS punk, did it's job no?

screaming kids that jump around the stage playing 3 chords are the future of british music?

check the "interview" with them on the special 10 magazing...I rest my case.

i'm gonna fit a tomahawk to the head of my bass and lay the vengeance down on people during our gigs. then maybe we can be the future of music!

/x

You'll need to get a stupid name first, though - both for your band and yourself.

You'll also need to get overhyped too quickly and start attracting gullible fools to your shows who'll gladly report your antics to death.

If the future of music is the Testicles then music is dead.

Guest pop-notmyface
u are talking visual values' date=' their new stable mates tbnbc will easily blow them away musically.

catch them at the tunnels on thursday[/quote']

Tim Burtons Nightmare Before Christmas? mmh, that IS catchy.

why is it' date=' that badly palyed, scrappy (but very energetic) is always heralded as "the future of music"?

bands like this have come and gone, surely "punk" (in it's original sense) is nigh on 30 years too late to be "the future" now?

the boot up the arse that WAS punk, did it's job no?

screaming kids that jump around the stage playing 3 chords are the future of british music?

check the "interview" with them on the special 10 magazing...I rest my case.[/quote']

oh, but they don't play badly, that's the thing.

Dev contributes a lot to the band with his metal and big beat influences, if you listen to "Catch It" for example. just that song covers screamo vocals, fiddly fretplay and hip-hop/dance beats, all delivered with the energy that is punk. maybe it's "the future of music", maybe it's not. but their sound is very refreshing in the stale mainstream music market.

Guest pop-notmyface
What were the supports like?

the support was good too.

Damn Arms and Help She Can't Swim.

the damn arms sounded on top though, the other band just seemed a little too half-arsed. but their jazzy song was interesting.

You'll need to get a stupid name first' date=' though - both for your band and yourself. [/quote']

im called spoonie and my bands are called FeSTR, Quixote and Silkstone! Any good??

You'll also need to get overhyped too quickly and start attracting gullible fools to your shows who'll gladly report your antics to death.

fudge fanzine issue number 2 said we were good but had a shit name. does that count? :D

/x