aberdeen-music

finally! a paper cut out website!with mp3s

stuartmaxwell

you spend more time on the site trying to find what you are looking for, and you come accross all parts of the site. i love it, its rather charming.

its not safe or happy, its paper cut out, there to confuse and puzzle

a tip

if you use the pic + and - thing you can remove the layers of text to see each induvidual bit

fucking genius

Kinda defeats the point of the internet to get information quickly and effectively though' date=' doesn't it?

[/quote']

gee, you really are one big barrell of laughs. listen to yourself!

it takes about 5 seconds (about the same amount of times as a flash site takes to load).

tell you what, you obviously wont like the band as you prefer "safe happy predictable music thats lots of other people go to for social purposes" as quoted from another thread somewhere. PCO are def not for you, they are a confusing band with a confusing website and they are very brash/noisey. you have said before that you only go to gigs that you know you will like

do us all a favour, stop trying to start an arguement with me on my threads about them. after all, you are stopping people from getting the information "quickly and effectively"

neil, can we change his name to clown??

Is this where I point out that I thought Paper Cut Out weren't too bad, apart from the vocals? I had that demo thing sent to me and had it on repeat for about half an hour in the background, it wasn't something I loved, but it was good enough to leave on repeat. If there was actual singing as opposed to rubbish barking vocals, I probably would've rated it quite highly from that demo.

Anyway, the website sucks, end of story. Reminds me of a bad ripoff of the Donnie Darko website as far as needing to "work it out" goes.

(isn't this supposed to be a discussion board?)

you base your opinion upon the fact you can't use it? Wah Wah. I'd say that was more of a reflection upon you than the website... anyone who knows about Paper Cut Out or likes them I think would get it with ease - like I did.

What about the vast majority of people who have never heard of them and might be interested in knowing a bit more' date=' perhaps after seeing a comment on here? Are they expected to get it too? As I see it, way to go to turn off someone who was looking for a bit more information after hearing a demo.

The way I understand web design is that you shouldn't have to "get it" or even have to think about it, a good web site will get you the information required with the minimum of fuss required. Perhaps some web design experts round here would like to comment on this, though.

If you *really* want to get picky, what use is a website like that to someone who might have issues with their sight?

It's just something a bit more artistic and it seperates it from your usual 'run of the mill' band site.

Agreed, it does seperate it from the crowd. But is it a good thing that it's so counter initutive? As I said, I thought it was a firefox problem to begin with, so having to load up IE only to see the same made me think "hmm, is the website fucked?". I didn't care about spending time trying to suss it out, I wanted information on the band and wanted it now, not next week.

Of course, the website does a grand job of acting as a barrier.

best band? NOT IN MY OPINION

best band in the uk finally get properly caught up with the interweb

They sound like The Fall,You will know us by the trail of dead ,Mountain Men Anonymous but in my opinion are not as good-I would like to see them I BET THEY ARE GREAT LIVE but I find their music annoying to listen to,the vocals are pretty bad.

To be fair, if you can't work out that website in under two minutes i think that qualifies you as a degenerate. I like the idea, although there are two things i think could be improved, the text is quite impressively small, more to the point the numbers system at the bottom left could be made more obvious. Also the main text blurb kind of blends into the centre image, you can highlight it to read it better but that kind of defeats the purpose.

I like it though, I'm designing a website so i want to implement some of the techniques shown here. Although i'd like to make it more 3D and 'In Yo' Face'.

Guest Mr Blastcap

its a really good website, which kept me amused for ages. mind you if you think thats annoying try getting into the melvins one. for the life o me i cant get past the intro page "test", but then i'm pretty thick

mind you if you think thats annoying try getting into the melvins one. for the life o me i cant get past the intro page "test"' date=' but then i'm pretty thick[/quote']

That web-site does my tits in....ive never worked out how to enter it....

Although in saying that...im pretty sure there is no real web-site, you can stop the fucker by right clicking, then when you click on him it pretends like nothing has happened....the bastards

no no' date=' you know what's genius? the "[b']hyperlink" which allows you to link between several pages of information so you don't have to pile them on top of each other.

well, yes. what use is a website if people can't use it?

but is it? no.

doesn't look like they'll be making many new fans from the internet then.

yes but if i smear shit all over my clothes it seperates them from the "usual 'run of the mill'".

well i may be a "degenerate", but i may also be someone who doesn't have the time to fanny about on a band's website to hear their mp3s.

yes all reasons why this site is an abomination to web design.

i prefer websites that are "readable" and "make sense".

Tip.

Don't "fanny about" in the website to hear their mp3's... If someone wants to they will... Lengthy post, were you bored because you 'skimmed' all the other websites you look at?

Chill folks, its okay to not like it and its okay to like it. I thought it was massive mistake when I first looked at it. I find annoyingly bonnie, a little like the music, which just may be the point? Its a concept perhaps? If you ain't interested in getting into the site then it is unlikely that you will persevere very long with the mind bending music...