aberdeen-music

Band members needed.

delaney

Right:

I'm 17. I sing and play rhythm guitar. I need a bassist, a lead guitarist and a drummer. I have about a dozen songs written and of course, there's the option of a few covers too.

I want to form a serious band. No time wasters please. I want able musicians who can pick up a piece quickly, and help by giving some input concerning song writing. I'm not asking for amazingly talented people, I just want passionate, charismatic musicians. For me, that's more important than any guitar solo.

I have a wide range of influences. My songs vary: Libertines style indie gems, clean unplugged stuff, and overdrive ridden rackets like the Velvet Underground and the Jesus and Mary Chain etc. I have no specific "sound".

If you're interested, email me or add me on MSN messenger:

jimi_hendrix707@hotmail.com

I'd idealy like to have a band formed by January time so we can get some rehearsals going. No previous gigging experience is necessary, really, although it would be nice. I just want some committed, dedicated musicians who are enthusiastic about what they do.

I look forward to hearing from you.

• 2 weeks later...

You're all useless. People in Aberdeen only seem to respond if you want to form a "DEFF METAL BAND INFLUENCED BY SLAYER!!!" or a blues band or some wanky X-certs-style band. Christ. No wonder the local scene is so terrible. When was the last time a decent band emerged from Aberdeen that was actually original and not hideously clichéd or talentless?

I can't wait to leave this place for Uni in September. I might actually be able to form a proper band then.

"jimi_hendrix707@hotmail.com"

o_O

Aww, diddums, no one replied to the poor lad's post.

Ain't it sad to see an apparent candidate for university cry like a little soppy bitch with a skint knee, only in text form.

Calm down kiddo. You never know, you might have put off people through your little, angst filled reply there. I know I would be put off by the fact a person can't simply bump a thread after nine days, rather than having a miniture rant at "DEFF METAL" fans.

:popcorn:

"jimi_hendrix707@hotmail.com"

o_O

Aww' date=' diddums, no one replied to the poor lad's post.

Ain't it sad to see an apparent candidate for university cry like a little soppy bitch with a skint knee, only in text form.

Calm down kiddo. You never know, you might have put off people through your little, angst filled reply there. I know I would be put off by the fact a person can't simply bump a thread after nine days, rather than having a miniture rant at "DEFF METAL" fans.

:popcorn:[/quote']

Not really. I've tried a few times to get bands together. Not just on this forum. And it never works.

When was the last time a decent band emerged from Aberdeen that was actually original and not hideously clichd or talentless?

I can't wait to leave this place for Uni in September. I might actually be able to form a proper band then.

There have been a couple, but a couple out of thousands of potentials isn't really a good result. The answer to this is mostly cos wanky people like N.M drive all the talented people away by trying to be smart arses and failing miserably.

There have been a couple' date=' but a couple out of thousands of potentials isn't really a good result. The answer to this is mostly cos wanky people like N.M drive all the talented people away by trying to be smart arses and failing miserably.[/quote']

I'm presuming you're unfamiliar with the concept of humour then?

When was the last time a decent band emerged from Aberdeen that was actually original and not hideously clichd or talentless?

copy ha ho

filthpact

project: ven hell

the staccato set

small enclosed area

have all been out in other cities/countries doing their thing. all pretty talented and not a cliche in sight

its a diverse list

perhaps you dont look hard enough

N.M "I'm presuming you're unfamiliar with the concept of humour then?"

"We've got to speed things up in this hotel. Chef, if a guest orders a three-minute egg, give it to him in two minutes.

If he orders a two-minute egg, give it to him in one minute.

If he orders a one-minute egg, give him a chicken and let him work it out for himself."

(Groucho Marks in A Night in Casablanca (movie))

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying.

(Woody Allen)

Groucho Marks and Woody Allen, that's humour i can laugh at. Being patronising ain't humour dude its stupidity.

Guest Page 99
I'm looking to form a decent metalcore band
"People in Aberdeen only seem to respond if you want to form a "DEFF METAL BAND INFLUENCED BY SLAYER!!!"

He hates you too. Just you remember that now...

If your into music thats new' date=' fresh and exciting go to [url']www.purevolume.com/stayover, we sound nothing like Blink 182 at all!!!

Exactly, we're going down that Green Day faux political route.

You're all useless. People in Aberdeen only seem to respond if you want to form a "DEFF METAL BAND INFLUENCED BY SLAYER!!!" or a blues band or some wanky X-certs-style band. Christ. No wonder the local scene is so terrible. When was the last time a decent band emerged from Aberdeen that was actually original and not hideously clichd or talentless?

Dude' date=' you'll find the same problems everywhere, it's not just "this place". You just need to look harder kiddo. Can't count how many nearly bands I've had, you just gotta keep going till you find something. Also, don't shy away from offers that aren't necessarily your thing. I've tried my hand at Punk & Indie depsite neither appealing to me in a huge way. It gets you out there meeting musicians, some of which may be in the same position as yourself. Ever heard the expression: "Losers give excuses, winners give results" ?

So therefore I'm a winner, wooo, cause my band rape fuckin' ass!!!

*cough* [b']http://www.myspace.com/peepshowroxx *cough*

Andy xx

Right:

I'm 17. I sing and play rhythm guitar. I need a bassist' date=' a lead guitarist and a drummer. I have about a dozen songs written and of course, there's the option of a few covers too.

I want to form a serious band. No time wasters please. I want able musicians who can pick up a piece quickly, and help by giving some input concerning song writing. I'm not asking for amazingly talented people, I just want passionate, charismatic musicians. For me, that's more important than any guitar solo.

I have a wide range of influences. My songs vary: Libertines style indie gems, clean unplugged stuff, and overdrive ridden rackets like the Velvet Underground and the Jesus and Mary Chain etc. I have no specific "sound".

If you're interested, email me or add me on MSN messenger:

[email']jimi_hendrix707@hotmail.com

I'd idealy like to have a band formed by January time so we can get some rehearsals going. No previous gigging experience is necessary, really, although it would be nice. I just want some committed, dedicated musicians who are enthusiastic about what they do.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Pfft. You didn't even ask me. Not that I would.

I'm shit anyway! Ha ha!

Besides, I thought you were away to Glasgow anyway?

Fuck me this is interesting.

And yes the local scene is shit. Those bands you labelled are cack. In fact, I havent even heard of half of them and I know they're shit. Love you too.

Nah Craig I'm headed to Edinburgh probably.

Oh and I have a different email address should anyone else want to get in contact (I've had a few responses now)

whirlwind.heat.flash@hotmail.co.uk

PS - the X-certs are still shit no matter what you say.

I don't understand how you can expect to make friends, let alone a band if you have an attitude like the one you've shown on the boards.

Playing in a band is supposed to be fun...there's no need to be slagging off other bands at all. Sure, you may not like a band, but there's no need to be so aggressive on the subject.

Fuck me this is interesting.

And yes the local scene is shit. Those bands you labelled are cack. In fact' date=' I havent even heard of half of them and I know they're shit. Love you too.

Nah Craig I'm headed to Edinburgh probably.

Oh and I have a different email address should anyone else want to get in contact (I've had a few responses now)

[email']whirlwind.heat.flash@hotmail.co.uk

PS - the X-certs are still shit no matter what you say.

wow am headed to edin as well this summer! My band are situated there! And the X-Certs do suck, hehe

Andy

I don't understand how you can expect to make friends' date=' let alone a band if you have an attitude like the one you've shown on the boards.

Playing in a band is supposed to be fun...there's no need to be slagging off other bands at all. Sure, you may not like a band, but there's no need to be so aggressive on the subject.[/quote']

Bollocks to that. What's the point in pretending to like a band? Some bands are shit and need to be told, yeh.

And "hahahahaha at least they are in a band and arent whinging about having no friends"

I don't think that was what I said. I wasn't posting here to make friends; I was posting here to find musicians.