aberdeen-music

Bus strike

Hog

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the director should take a pay cut?

Im fucking furious that this might affect this gig. It has taken a lot of planning and is for a very good cause. I can imagine that a lot of people wont make it because of the strike. Dont get me wrong, I am not directly blaming the drivers, its just frustrating.

Guest Page 99
Why? Seriously' date=' I don't actually know what the problem is. Why are they striking?[/quote']

To be honest, I don't know the full details of the strike, all I know is that it's over pay or something like that. Everyone's entitled to strike and all that, just wish I had other means of getting about.

They're striking all the December weekends and this week have been operating a less frequent service on certain routes.

I've been having the time of my life getting to work and getting home. I had to wait for half an hour yesterday at peak time for a number one back to Union Street' date=' there were pensioners at the bus stop and it was definately below freezing at the time.

They picked a great time of year to do it. The buses in the morning have also been even shitter than usual.[/quote']

they picked the best time possible to strike when it would cause the most disruption and get the most attention. it's probably the busiest period for first and the drivers are trying to dent their trading.

They're striking all the December weekends and this week have been operating a less frequent service on certain routes.

I've been having the time of my life getting to work and getting home. I had to wait for half an hour yesterday at peak time for a number one back to Union Street' date=' there were pensioners at the bus stop and it was definately below freezing at the time.

They picked a great time of year to do it. The buses in the morning have also been even shitter than usual.[/quote']

The frequency of buses during the week has nothing to do with the strikes.

The sad thing is people still get into town easily during the weekend. I am sure town was at it's busiest last weekend making it busy for me at work:down:

fuck them all greedy bastards. too many people take 'strike' action thesedays. Load of bullshit. Work hard and you'll get rewarded. outline why they deserve such a large payrise and maybe then i'd conside it. Bringing the non driving part of the city to a standstill is shite.

They drive a fuckin bus? how well deserving of a 5% payrise do they think they are like?

do they consider pulling out on every fucker on the roads good work if so they should get 50% payrise.

BASTARDS< the lot of them!!!!!

rant over.

breathe.

fuck them all greedy bastards. too many people take 'strike' action thesedays. Load of bullshit. Work hard and you'll get rewarded.

Either you're very young, or just incredibly naive...

However, the bus strike is an absolute pain in arse. I wish I could find one bus driver who doesn't hate their job. The level of service First offer is overpriced compared to other Scottish cities, and their customer care is piss-poor. I've never had a reply to my complaining email I sent them ages ago.

If you're going out tommorow, book a taxi now.