aberdeen-music

Will Saddam get a fair trial?

Hog

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I just had the greatest idea! they should make a tv show about him in prison where each ay he has to do a rediculously stupid task in order to win food and that,

Not one of your crappy reality tv shows, each thing he has to do is genuine and destroys his self esteem and dignity like licking everyones feet in the prison. and eating bad bad food and being forced into a small, small box with poisonous snakes etc etc

Although I just had the greatest idea! they should make a tv show about him in prison where each ay he has to do a rediculously stupid task in order to win food and that' date='

Not one of your crappy reality tv shows, each thing he has to do is genuine and destroys his self esteem and dignity like licking everyones feet in the prison. and eating bad bad food and being forced into a small, small box with poisonous snakes etc etc[/quote']

Bright answer

Thats what it comes down to in the end mate, its a moral decision as opposed to a legal one!! We see this old withered man out of his luxurious surroundings, not the man of power he once was and people feel a little remorseful for him!! Bollocks, did he give a fair trial to the millions he tortured, did he fuck!! But, he'll probably find some sort of loophole!! Do you think they'll execute him??

I can't believe he's pleading "not guilty"

I can, as he thought (like most meglamaniacle dictators) he thought he was doing no wrong....as we all know (fair trial ?) that's a crock of shit.

I don't think we'll get to see much of the trial, and I'd imagine that the US will see even less, as I am sure he's got a few things he wants to get off his chest...

Thats what it comes down to in the end mate' date=' its a moral decision as opposed to a legal one!! We see this old withered man out of his luxurious surroundings, not the man of power he once was and people feel a little remorseful for him!! Bollocks, did he give a fair trial to the millions he tortured, did he fuck!! [/quote']

and there lies the Mob "eye for an eye" mentality ...

If I remember correctly, we have to uphold our standards, even if the people we are trying didn't.

Don't get me wrong, I am no saddam sympathiser (is anyone ?, even the people he was in with, are probably being wooed by someone else with power / money)

Are the US Government actually involved in this at all? I remember the news saying that he was being tried back in Iraq and the clip showed him refusing to give his name to the judge because he and everyone else in the country knows who he is.

I'd like to think that he'll get a couple hundred life sentences in prison. He'll never get out, it's not like they're dealing with a petty crook, a vast amount of people died under him and fighting him, from all over the world.

The death penalty might seem like the harshest punishment but it'd be over for him in a flash. This really is a case of hanging is too good for him, let him rot away in solitary confinement.

I think it would be good to see a decent trial for 2 reasons.

1) To see Saddam squirm when he is asked akward questions backed up by tons of evidence regarding the atrocites he has carried out.

2) To see America squirm when he comes out with "home truths" regarding how the US actually supplied Saddam with a lot of his military capability

I don't think it really matters anymore. He's gone from power, whether he's alive or not is of little consequence to the general situation in the Middle-East. I think the main question is still why our government is so eager to help the Americans make money. If we were going into Iraq on our own terms, I could understand it, but I really despise being part of a nation whose government is willing to risk the lives of it's own citizens for the benefit of another country's prosperity.

Realpolitik is something I'm quite fond of and I can understand the reasons for America going in (just so I don't come across as a trendy, student, SSP voter type), but the reasons for Britain going in are in no way beneficial to us.

I don't think it really matters anymore. He's gone from power' date=' whether he's alive or not is of little consequence to the general situation in the Middle-East. I think the main question is still why our government is so eager to help the Americans make money. If we were going into Iraq on our own terms, I could understand it, but I really despise being part of a nation whose government is willing to risk the lives of it's own citizens for the benefit of another country's prosperity.

Realpolitik is something I'm quite fond of and I can understand the reasons for America going in (just so I don't come across as a trendy, student, SSP voter type), but the reasons for Britain going in are in no way beneficial to us.[/quote']

I thinks its very very important that this murdering maniac is executed very puplicly, You never know, it might deter some other crazy despot from making more innocent people suffer for their pleasure.

As for a fair trial....no he wont, remember the Iraqi's are making up their laws as they go along at the moment.......but hey, who cares? behead the bastard and be done with it.