aberdeen-music

Pete Doherty (legend)?

thenumber1hun

junkie - A narcotics addict, especially one using heroin.

for a start pete no longer uses heroin as he has an implant to stop heroin having an affect so there for.So he is neithera junkie or legend. He is a very talented songwriter/poet. Who most probally will go down in legendery status in years to come. Baby Shambles album will be excellent. I have heard most of the songs in a demo format and they are very good. He is also very close to his fans which make him "legendary" to some people. He posts on messageboards, meets fans outside of gigs to sign autographs. Most rockstars would not do this as they are so full of themselves.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's no wonder he's been going downhill of late with all the media and arsehole journalists following him 24/7' date=' wouldn't u get pissed off with it?

the journalist scum will hopefully leave him alone (sooner the better) to get his life back on track.

[/quote']

Without adding to the legend/twat debate, the fact remains that Pete has done more than his fair share to make sure he gets his name in the papers. For a good while now he and his pals have been selling them any story they'll swallow. Those 'arsehole journalists' have been quite a source of income of late.

Wonder how much his 'manager' got from the Mirror for the Kate Moss stuff?...

Junkie or not he is more famous for being a total fuckwit than a great perfomer, how can people idolise someone who 'when he does show up for a show' is so fucked up he's shite.

He needs a good thrashing with a birch and 10 years national service followed with another good thrashing with a birch and then broken glass rubbed into his eyes...that'll sort him out.... :swearing:

also he needs to have a C inserted into his surname because it pisses me off no end when I see "doherty", but I suppose I can put up with the irritation for a while before he dies of a heroin overdose or crack induced heart attack. Hopefully most of his admirers will follow his example and become hopless drug addicted losers and die in the same manner.

I watched the whole babyshambles set from stage side.

I expected a lot of things, but not that it would be anywhere near as good as it was. I admit I was probably biased against them before they walked on stage, but if I was to judge them on that single performance I'd say he was genuinely talented.

I still maintain Up the Bracket is a pile of pish though.

Guest MerryChristmas

There is nothing good about him

Nothing at all to the General Public

To his friends and family maybe

but he is a dirty junkie and needs a good whack with a big long stick from a nimble wristed bodybuilder

twats

too many negative tossers posting here.

if anyone was at the moshulu gig they would have noticed a vast improvement from past gigs, i mean they turned up for a start. I myself refused to get excited before they came on as i expected a no - show again. but what a set they played, possibly the best gig i've been to in ages.

negative crap is pointless, but i guess there is gonna be plenty of that.

read the libertines book and you might see pete in a different light and possibly realise he does have a talent for coming up with good tunes and he was normal at one point and that possibly he ain't a lost soul heading to an early death bed

too many negative tossers posting here.

negative crap is pointless' date=' but i guess there is gonna be plenty of that.

[/quote']

that doesn't stop you posting "negative crap" on other threads -

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?p=437332#post437332

sorry but hard-fi are bollocks.

Can you just be honest and say "i fucking love Pete and would shag his skaggy arse & I don't care what anyone says or about their opinion".

Guest pop-notmyface

so tell me, what is it that makes him a legend?

being an inspiration for a whole generation, or dragging Kate Moss into his "downward spiral of madness"?

he's just some "musician" who got sucked into the Tabloid Way Of Living.

and don't be so quick to judge. i liked the Libertines. but he is not a legend. besides, legends are remembered for doing great things, not for doing drugs. anyone can do that. and you know, he is not dead yet, so the term "legend" is kind of out of question...

but here are some legends:

Elvis Presley

Joe Strummer

Shakespeare

Johnny Cash

Marlon Brando

Frank Sinatra

Albert Einstein

Marilyn Monroe

and so on...

and here are some who will be legends:

Michael Jackson

Stevie Wonder

Michael Jordan

Stephen Hawkins

;)

Guest tv tanned

Marsh and I enjoyed a good rant over the shiteness of Pete Doherty during the debacle which was the Belarus match on Saturday.

I gave him a chance, as most people tell you to do, and he fucking blew it.

You can always spot the over-rated, over-hyped musicians based on the contrast between media coverage of their music and their lifestyle.

If Doherty wasn't a permanently wasted, thieving, junkie waster then nobody would have fucking heard of him.

Case closed.

like him or loath him, he is one of the most talked about people in britain, so his music will do well thats the sad fact.

I was never a fan to be honest of the music or of him, but i dont see the need to keep going on and on about him,if you dont like him fine if you do your loss :p (<<<<now that symbol means that was a joke kids)

Thing is he will keep being talked about and im sure we will get another hundred threads like this before people get bored, sad fact.