aberdeen-music

Anyone ever played a Framus amp?

Dan G

i'm sure Funeral For A Friend use these(the H&K) amps. they were in some guitar magazine or something a while ago and it had their setups in it. I'll see them in 39 days too. so i'll know

i saw a Framus on eBay a while back. think it ended up selling quite cheap. well, 700 with a matching 4x12 is cheap i think.

i'm sure Funeral For A Friend use these(the H&K) amps. they were in some guitar magazine or something a while ago and it had their setups in it. I'll see them in 39 days too. so i'll know

They got them off Iron Maiden.

As much as I want to like 5150s, I just can't get into their sound at all. I'll stick with my Marshall I reckon.

oh yeah.. and was maybe thinking of saving up a bit longer and buying a deizel vh4... that would fucking smoke anything!

EDIT: since I last posted this, I have made up my mind.

I am going to buy the diezel VH4. And I am gonna be poor because of it.

However I am so fucking excited about getting it!

Actually' date=' anyone know how that powerball at the moorings is working out? I think I convinced them to go ENGL when I brought a Thunder head up. Flash and Mark liked the sounds of that bad boy.[/quote']

its awesome dude. seriously awesome. blows the marshall away.

That's cool - glad you like it.

We're up in a couple of weeks, and I've already shot-gunned it.

I'm picking up my new amp today - a Marshall 30th Anniversary 100W head. They are pretty bad ass, and I got a deal on it on ebay.

Been playing a 100W Superbass head - liking it a lot. Using a Weber Attenuator with though, as fully cranked you can hear it from over a half a mile away. We measured.

And you gotta play it cranked.....

I've yet to try a Powerball but have heard many things (people I know praise it way too highly :p)

A Diezel VH-4?!?! Jesus dude, you must be raking it in! How much are they over here though? Cos I know they are $4000 in America. What made you decide on it? Clips? Or the fact that the riff master James Hetfield uses one?! :D

I'm happy with my Mesa Series II Rectifier!

Let us/me/whatever know how you get on with it dude! That's awesome!

I've yet to try a Powerball but have heard many things (people I know praise it way too highly :p)

A Diezel VH-4?!?! Jesus dude' date=' you must be raking it in! How much are they over here though? Cos I know they are $4000 in America. What made you decide on it? Clips? Or the fact that the riff master James Hetfield uses one?! :D

I'm happy with my Mesa Series II Rectifier!

Let us/me/whatever know how you get on with it dude! That's awesome![/quote']

hey man,

$4000 = about 2200 over here. bear in mind they're made in germany, so importing costs over in USA is expensive.

hahaha - I'm not raking it in. I just figured that if I'm gonna buy a better amp than my JCM2000, I might as well go for the best there is! Other wise in a year or 2's time i'll want a better one than the one I'd buy instead of the diezel.

Also I'm getting it on higher/purchase so i'm paying it over a year!

i bought it though for a number of reasons... firstly because my brother has tried it out and said it is UNBELIEAVABLY good... also cos I have read a hundred reviews on it with not a single negative comment.

The fact James Hetfield plays one is just a very good additional reason :)

EDIT: sorry - this is Dan, not Heather

• 2 weeks later...
They got them off Iron Maiden.

As much as I want to like 5150s' date=' I just can't get into their sound at all. I'll stick with my Marshall I reckon.[/quote']

marshall all the way.... i play a marshall jcm2000 triple super lead 100 watt head thru a laney 4x12....

i did have the marshall jcm900 1960a 4x12 but i left it at my friends house when i moved thru to aberdeen and when i went back to pick my stuff up the asswipe went and sold my cab!!!!

still havent seen him since this happened when i do hes gonna have a very sore face!!!!!! X(