aberdeen-music

Buses

Inkster

Has nayone ever started talking to someone on a bus and became friends with them?

Or alternatively, has anyone tried chatting up someone on a bus and what were the results?

Bear in mind that the situations I'm talking about is if your on your own or the other person is on their own.Groups don't count as much as it's easier speaking to people in a group rather than individually.

i'd a friend who met someone on the bus back from Dundede while we were at Uni. He sat next to her on teh bus and was like, well this could be awkward or we could chat.

She ended up being a really good laugh and manys a times her group of mates and mine met in the Aberdeen Uni (cos back in the day when RGU's one was shit).

Inkster - have you any tales to tell?

The only person I can remember talking to on a bus is this girl who I started speaking to on a Megabus from Edinburgh to Aberdeen.. then in Aberdeen her mum gave me a lift to Belmont Street.

But on the way home from school on the train I used to talk to people all the time, especially on Fridays when all the Geordies were going home from offshore, and we just used to talk about football, mostly bitching about Man U.

I can't say I've become friends with any strangers who talk to me on the bus, but yes it happens a lot, thankfully I'm so fucked out my face at the time that it's easy going enough....despite being brought up in Tillydrone, I have unlearned myself the local talk, so find it hard to comprehend a lot of people...but a lot of times a lot of the people most people would be so quick to brand "neds" turn out to be alright....you just gotta know how to deal with them

NOt a bus but a train. I was on a train from Edinburgh once and this girl kept staring at me and it got a bit much after a while,. staring really intensely, she was gorgeous but it was a bit strange, Then I started reading to keep my mind off it and next thing i knew she came and sat NEXT to me.

Then she started talking and when I realised she was American it all changed: they are more prone to try to make eye contact and talk to strangers than Brits. She gimme her phone number and well, dot dot dot. Quite nice all in all..

One time i was on the bus i ended up consoling some guy about his broken family. He hadn't seen his dad in x amount of years and he had a sister he'd never met, but he was on the wy to see them that very day, which is why he was on the bus out to mintlaw. He then tried to convince me I was his sister.

Another guy asked me if he could borrow my light when he was about to get off the bus to light his fag, as he didn't have one. I had a spare so just gave it to him, the next thing I knew he leaned over and gave me a small baggy of grass and a can of Stella! :-D

Another guy asked me if he could borrow my light when he was about to get off the bus to light his fag' date=' as he didn't have one. I had a spare so just gave it to him, the next thing I knew he leaned over and gave me a small baggy of grass and a can of Stella! :-D[/quote']

see the world really would be a better place if everyone did nice things for each other, you kindly gave up your spare lighter to a complete stranger and you were duly rewarded. now we just need everyone in the world to behave the same. *sigh* maybe one day.

I had the most undesirable guy talk to me at the bus stop "can I just say you are looking good". He talks to me on the bus despite how loud I turn my ipod up. He catches the same bus as me after work all the time and gets off at my stop (despite living a good distance up the road) and watches me walk home. Freak. I need to learn how to drive :(