aberdeen-music

Driving/ Theory Test

feeble!

Anybody else taken their theory test?

I took mine today, I was fairly bricking it as I'd done almost nothing to prepare for it (wasn't worried about the multiple choice, it's easy as fuck - the hazard perception's the bit that scared me).

Anyway, I passed mine with 34/35 for the multiple choice and 60/75 for the hazard perception, so I'm quite pleased at the moment.

Now all I gotta do is learn how to drive and take that damn practical test :)

hazard perception test? ouch. When I did my theory test (was either the first or second year of it's existence) I got 34 out of 35. Failed my practical test twice though...

On a related note I had to do a defensive driving course (or driver awareness training as it's otherwise known) for work recently. Was an interesting viewpoint to how my driving has changed in the 7 years since I passed my test. Apparently I ride the clutch too much, don't give myself enough time at junctions and don't use the handbrake enough.

when i did my test i had done enough for the multiple choice bits, but had only really found out about the hazard perception a day or two before doing mock tests at the bsm shoppy on on union street, i knew what i was looking for, but frankly had no clue as when i was actually supposed to be clicking or whatever, so i just scraped a pass on theat bit and did fairly well on the multiple choice

definately recommended to get some practise in beforehand, i wish i had... i know you can get dvds, and as i was learnign with a bsm instructor they have the place on union street with mock tests and so on set up, so definately have a look at those

still took me two goes to do the real test though, though that was due to a stupid mistake, and buggering up the reverse parking (after i knew i had made a stupid mistake ;)) the second time it went fine, except for the fact i had no clue where we were going - during lessons the instructor took me round all the routes they use in tests, just when i took the test it was someone from glasgow covering someone being ill, so went a completely different route...

David

i can't remember what i got for hazard perception it was really good tho like 63 or something but only got 32 for other bit, but it's the easy bit. passed my test in feb, crashed in april oops it was my 3rd attempt at my test but at least i did it (i know someone who's failed 8 times:() i love being able to drive cos i live in the sticks so i can get about n stuff now tis good. and i do think i'm quite a good driver i know a lot of people who are awful and i get scared when i'm in the car with them (normally people who pass in ballater)