aberdeen-music

Power Metal Drummer Wanted!

Bassdemon

Right. So I figure that after the Dragonfroce gig some of you buggers are gonna come out of hiding..... Everwicked are looking for a power metal loving drummer who enjoys playing drums very fast while at the same time being very technical. We are a mix of Power/Prog/Thrash/Speed Metal. You can hear some tracks from the Cd we recorded HERE . We've been gigging in Aberdeen and Dundee for about a year playing with Black Atom, Man Of The Hour and Madman Is Absolute. If any out there is interested send me a pm or email

And we're based in Aberdeen, Not Montrose.

Well I only listen to a few power metal bands. To be honest I doubt we really count as a power metal band. We draw influences from bands like Cacophony, Megadeth, Maiden, In Flames, At The Gates as much as we do power metal. The main problem is that we play so fast that the only drummers who can keep up are ones into grind/death metal, metalcore and power metal, and only the ones who play power metal are as technical as they are fast.

So anyway do you think it's worth getting in contact with this Theo guy or what?

Well I only listen to a few power metal bands. To be honest I doubt we really count as a power metal band. We draw influences from bands like Cacophony' date=' Megadeth, Maiden, In Flames, At The Gates as much as we do power metal. The main problem is that we play so fast that the only drummers who can keep up are ones into grind/death metal, metalcore and power metal, and only the ones who play power metal are as technical as they are fast.

So anyway do you think it's worth getting in contact with this Theo guy or what?[/quote']

Just as a point, that thing about being technical with speed is shite.

Some of the most technical players have probably never touched power metal.

Just as a point' date=' that thing about being technical with speed is shite.

Some of the most technical players have probably never touched power metal.[/quote']

I'm not trying to say that only power metal drummers are technical. Its just that I've found that drummers with good technical ability that I've heard, and I'm talking local level drummers, who I've actually seen play, don't tend to play at 200bpm unless they play power metal. But what the fuck do I know, I'm a bassist with zero knowledge of drums. I'd happily have a drummer who'd never played power metal before. The last drummer we had was amazing and he was into hardcore and jazz.

i would agree tho you have to be one hell of a drummer to PROPERLY drum in a power metal band and ive not seen one in Aberdeen yet.

There's at least three' date=' you haven't been looking.....

I've been practicing double bass, and can hit 200, although it's fairly sloppy for now. Thr eason I concentrate on that is more via influence from grind/extreme/death metal. There are some great players out there, good luck.

Playing with yer feet at the speed of light means jack shit if your upper body can't keep up, remember to spend those vital hours on rolls, 32nds, and big fuck off patterns........

Milner what the hell has happened to you man? I blink and you've turned into a dragonslaying' date=' plastic sword bearing power metal fan??

Weclome to the club :p[/quote']

man i just fucking love Dragonforce!

I dont think ive ever been so instantly impressed with a band.

But yeh power metal has drifted into my listening specrtrum of late, not before its time i must say im loving it!

There's at least three' date=' you haven't been looking.....

Playing with yer feet at the speed of light means jack shit if your upper body can't keep up, remember to spend those vital hours on rolls, 32nds, and big fuck off patterns........[/quote']

Don't worry, speed's not my only thing, I try to be as varied as I can, including the 200bpm stuff. I practice going through it all in a couple of various blast patterns, to keep the hands up there too. As for 32nds at 200 though, that's not possible. Sure you're counting right?