aberdeen-music

So, do any of you actually like George Bush?

Hog

I don't pretend to know much about politics. But every single time I hear something about George Bush I just think' date=' "what a fool".

I guess so many Americans like him because he must be portrayed differently in the press there to how he is here.[/quote']

I've never come across an american who liked him. Got wasted in a bar in New York last year and started slagging him and they all agreed. Which was good cos im a wee guy could have got a kicking.

LOL bush iz a wanka.

I absolutely hate the 'Fuck George Bush band waggon', the only people more stupid than he is are the ones who hate him to be cool and follow the Anti-bush trend. So what if he's not the smartest peanut in the turd? He's just a puppet for many more people behind him. They are the ones making the shite decisions behind the scenes and he's the only person who'se getting his credibility knocked.

Fact: Political systems in democratic countries are designed to avoid tyrany.

Fact: He wouldn't have been re-elected for FOUR more years if he was such a shite leader.

Fact: Put those previous two facts together and it's obvious he's not the root of all evil.

thats very true paul, but i have to say 90% of his most famous 'retarded' moments have come from his poor grasp of the english language when reading his puppeteer's speeches, or for example when he himself is put on the spot, (see classic moment when he was told about the september 11th disaster and he just sat there listening to kids stories for quarter of an hour).

I wouldnt get involved in the decisions he's made as a leader as we all know he is merely a face for a backroom full of decision makers, but imo, his gaffes are what make him a fool, it would only be slightly funny if he weren't a fool who was the head of the largest superpower in the world.

Guest tv tanned

Fact: He wouldn't have been re-elected for FOUR more years if he was such a shite leader.

Fact: Put those previous two facts together and it's obvious he's not the root of all evil.

This is a remarkably simplistic piece of logic.

Please do not assume that I am part of some bandwagon. I am perfectly capable of independent thinking, without the need for a sheep-like mentality, and can reach my own conclusions.

The conclusions I have reached are that Bush is a ridiculously bad president, who was more or less saved by two things.

1. The 'rally round the flagpole' post 9-11, and the idea that questioning the policies of the administration made people in league with terrorists

2. The woeful inadequacies of the Democrats, who managed to find someone with even LESS charisma than Al Gore to stand against Bush.

His backroom team is just frightening, and with Colin Powell, who I admire, now gone as the voice of reason, it is getting worse and worse and worse.

LOL bush iz a wanka.

I absolutely hate the 'Fuck George Bush band waggon'' date=' the only people more stupid than he is are the ones who hate him to be cool and follow the Anti-bush trend. So what if he's not the smartest peanut in the turd? He's just a puppet for many more people behind him. They are the ones making the shite decisions behind the scenes and he's the only person who'se getting his credibility knocked.

Fact: Put those previous two facts together and it's obvious he's not the root of all evil.[/quote']

It is a bit unfair to tar everyone with the same brush Paul.

Bush is IMHO, directly responsible for decreasing the life expectancy in Iraq, that is where the Tyranny is. Surely such a powerful country should of been able to rebuild Iraq quickly.

I read thru one of the previous threads in this forum that he justified waging war on iraq by saying something like "god told me to make war on iraq,so i did" I can't feel much respect for someone who says crazy things like that,even if its out of context. I don't hate george, i just find his thought processes disturbing.

I dont like him but I feel too many people took the green day approach ie:

Billie Jo (onstage at Oxegen): Who here hates George W Bush?!

Everyone: ME!!

Billie Jo: Who here hates Tony Blair?

Everyone: (even louder) ME!!!!!

Well obviously if you ask an Irish audience if they like a British prime minister, they aren't going to say yes. Too many young impressionable kids who know fuck all about politics and aren't doing what everyone should do - which is make up their own fucking mind. I love Green Day but preaching bullshit politics isn't what rock bands are meant to be doing.

I dont like him but I feel too many people took the green day approach ie:

Billie Jo (onstage at Oxegen): Who here hates George W Bush?!

Everyone: ME!!

Billie Jo: Who here hates Tony Blair?

Everyone: (even louder) ME!!!!!

Well obviously if you ask an Irish audience if they like a British prime minister' date=' they aren't going to say yes. Too many young impressionable kids who know fuck all about politics and aren't doing what everyone should do - which is make up their own fucking mind. I love Green Day but preaching bullshit politics isn't what rock bands are meant to be doing.[/quote']

i agree with this

Guest Neubeatz

Nicked from another bb

Donald Rumsfeld was giving George Bush his daily global defense briefing.

At the end of the South American section he concluded by saying: "Sadly, the blast killed 3 Brazilian soldiers."

"OH NO!" the President exclaimed. "That's terrible!"

His staff sat stunned at this display of emotion, nervously watching the president, his head in his hands.

Finally, Bush looked up and asked, "How many exactly is a brazillion?"

Donald Rumsfeld was giving George Bush his daily global defense briefing.

At the end of the South American section he concluded by saying: "Sadly' date=' the blast killed 3 Brazilian soldiers."

"OH NO!" the President exclaimed. "That's terrible!"

His staff sat stunned at this display of emotion, nervously watching the president, his head in his hands.

Finally, Bush looked up and asked, "How many exactly is a brazillion?"[/quote']

fuckin class

Sorry to regurgitate a thread that hasn't been posted on for a wee while, but I think there's something nobody's really being saying. Bush isn't that stupid. Undoubtedly, he makes an arse of his lines and struggles to act without advisors etc, but this doesn't mean he's a moronic puppet of people who work outwith the public eye (although I accept that business has a lot more control over politics than anyone ever lets on).

Firstly, the American political system being so PR based, it's imperative for someone like Bush to react on the basis of advice, especially as he knows he tends to say the wrong thing. Taking the September 11th thing mentioned a few posts above, if Bush had immediately went to the media, he wouldn't have had time to prepare a statement and would have said the wrong thing, as I don't doubt most people would. It may be hard to personally know how to react to such a situation, but the PR teams were bound to have contingency plans for that kind of event.

Secondly, Bush has a public image of someone who says what he thinks, which comes across as more important than actually saying the right thing. On top of this, hasn't anyone noticed that despite Bush seemingly being an idiot, the Democrats have never been able to make the most of this? This suggests two things to me. Either, the Democrats are collectively as stupid as Bush, or Bush isn't as stupid as he appears. It seems unlikely that the whole Democratic Party are thick, so I tend to go for the second option.

I'd also agree with the person who said that the Democrats put up bad candidates against Bush. It's the same reason why Thatcher and Blair have had successful reigns.