aberdeen-music

65 days of static

• 1 month later...

Holy shit 65 days of static were awesome, anyone know where i can get a few tracks?

Thought the first song that Youth Movies played was dam good and the rest of their set was pretty good. Some of the new Genevieve songs sounded good, especially the ones towards the end of the set but i did wanna hear 'Alphabetty' and the like.

Ace gig!

www.myspace.com/levelfour

I had such a good time last night, the audience were great and there was a fairly decent turnout as well :)

65DaysOfStatic were amazing, i do feel that personally i'd like to hear a vocal line or two here and there (i've got the same feelings about stuff like Pelican too) but musically the dark, brooding and beautiful landscapes they created were perfect.

Youthmovie Soundtrack Strategies were good too, although not really a type of band that i would find myself getting into.

Thanks again to folks who came along to see us too, and if you didn't come especially to see us but liked us nonetheless, you can check us out on:

Genevieve

:D

i thought youth movies were the best of the night though probably just cause they suffered the least from the poor sound throughout. 65 days of static were good but went on a bit too long and had the worst sound of the night, there was no definition in the sound at all sounded like a bassy muddy mess but once i got used to it they were good. they also came on for an encore after barely anyone cheered for one(ollie and his friend were the only ones making noise and even then they were just shouting scotch egg) but i guess no one had left the front of stage so maybe it was fair enough. genevieve were ok, sounded a little like far in places. i think they also suffered a little from the poor sound with phil's guitar(nice as it was) kinda overpowering everything else. hell, only their second gig as a full band though and they have some potential, not bad by any means.

so all in all a pretty good night but the sound let it down a bit and 65 days played too long. i hate really long sets.