aberdeen-music

irony-fatigue

Stripey

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's because there was a time when you could go out and leave your door unlocked.

You're absolutely right' date=' Sharon. Even on the Isles of Scilly, this golden age has passed...

Knickers thief banned from Scilly

Stephan was told by the judge that he had stolen "particularly personal items" in breach of the trust that people on St Mary's showed by leaving their doors unlocked.

He went on: "That is a trust that does not unfortunately exist on the mainland, and one that must even on St Mary's have been badly shaken by the discovery of your activities."

What's wrong with a bit of fun? What's pitifully childish is throwing a tantrum at folk enjoying old tv shows. :)

I'm thinking Dr Watson here.... Sherlock Holmes' assistant.

Medical Degree

Solves Murders

and nifty with a revolver.

Dr Watson 3 Quincy 2

I stand corrected. That is greatness indeed!

let me see.. it's not hard to explain..

TV is shooting out old 80's programs so much.. becuase of the fact that when you have a gazzilion channels on your tele, they cant exactly produce new stuff all the time.. so re-runs it is.

fuck cares what you think about other people. i don't hold a high opinion of you in this thread, and you shouldnt care about that either.

you shouldnt give a shit about what other people enjoy. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. you sound boring, old, pathetic, and not much fun..

should we all live like you? no.. the world would be dull.

TV is shooting out old 80's programs so much.. becuase of the fact that when you have a gazzilion channels on your tele' date=' they cant exactly produce new stuff all the time.. so re-runs it is.

fuck cares what you think about other people. i don't hold a high opinion of you in this thread, and you shouldnt care about that either.

you shouldnt give a shit about what other people enjoy. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. you sound boring, old, pathetic, and not much fun..

should we all live like you? no.. the world would be dull.[/quote']

Hear hear! Well said Penny :)

TV is shooting out old 80's programs so much.. becuase of the fact that when you have a gazzilion channels on your tele' date=' they cant exactly produce new stuff all the time.. so re-runs it is.

should we all live like you? no.. the world would be dull.[/quote']

I'm not suggesting atall that anyone live like me or do what I say, all I am saying is that I'm bored to death with crap like people posting pictures of mr-t or threads about how funny neighbours is, or people wearing transformers tshirts. It's all insincere, it's all fake and inane, it makes me cringe.

I'm talking about this bizarre irony thing as a cultural phenomenon, the tv shows is just an example. I guess it's no surprise that you lot can't see the bigger picture, since you are actually immersed in the whole retarded fad yourselves.

I once heard someone on tv say "ahh, I see you are wearing an ironic Mr-T tshirt. Of course, if it wasn't meant to be ironic, people would just think you were a sad twat." Says it all really.

I'm not suggesting atall that anyone live like me or do what I say' date=' all I am saying is that I'm bored to death with crap like people posting pictures of mr-t or threads about how funny neighbours is, or people wearing transformers tshirts. It's all insincere, it's all fake and inane, it makes me cringe.

I'm talking about this bizarre irony thing as a cultural phenomenon, the tv shows is just an example. I guess it's no surprise that you lot can't see the bigger picture, since you are actually immersed in the whole retarded fad yourselves.

I once heard someone on tv say "ahh, I see you are wearing an ironic Mr-T tshirt. Of course, if it wasn't meant to be ironic, people would just think you were a sad twat." Says it all really.[/quote']

what gives you the right to use the word 'retard' when reffering to something as little as a 'fad'..

i think you need to educate yourself about the world, and the fact that there are many cultures of many different respects.

you have no right to belittle what others enjoy, you are a man with a small-minded view, about a topic so disgustingly pitiful..

if you open your eyes, you will find a world of treasures, not all of which you personally will embrace.

one mans molehill could be another mans mountain.

How is it fake? If someone likes a cartoon or an old TV show then surely there's no crime in having a tshirt of it. Sure if they're just jumping on the band wagon and don't care then aye, maybe it's a bit stupid and faddish, but if they're not then just leave them the hell alone.

Here's a solution, go lock yourself in a large box until this "fad" as you call it is over :) Because I'm pretty sure that you throwing the toys out of the pram and stamping your feet about what people enjoy isn't going to change their minds, wouldn't you agree?

I'm not suggesting atall that anyone live like me or do what I say' date=' all I am saying is that I'm bored to death with crap like people posting pictures of mr-t or threads about how funny neighbours is.[/quote']

i don't see your problem with neighbours. what they show on BBC1 isn't old reruns- its the current show set in the current day with current issues. and neighbours kick ass.

Guest AmbientMood
i don't see your problem with neighbours. what they show on BBC1 isn't old reruns- its the current show set in the current day with current issues. and neighbours kick ass.

The date is irrelevant, he is referring to the people who ironically 'like it because it is shit,' in plain terms.

The date is irrelevant' date=' he is referring to the people who ironically 'like it because it is shit,' in plain terms.[/quote']

'ehhhhh eahhhh' (family fortunes 'wrong' noise).. in plain terms; he stated the whole 'looking back and watching 80's re-runs'.

so.. the date is relevant.

'ehhhhh eahhhh' (family fortunes 'wrong' noise).. in plain terms; he stated the whole 'looking back and watching 80's re-runs'.

so.. the date is relevant.

what?

I'm not talking about 80's reruns, I explained that earlier. It isn't difficult to understand.

Hey and while I'm at it, I may aswell mention the fact that most of you who think these things are so cool, were actually under 5 years old when the stuff was screened, so yeah, THUNDERCATS WAS ACE, I REMEMBER BECAUSE IT WAS ON TV THAT TIME WHEN I SMEARED MY OWN SHIT ALL OVER MY FACE AND MUM WIPED IT OFF AND WE HAD A JOLLY GOOD LAUGH ABOUT IT.

What is the world coming to' date=' i mean, someone has made a fucking dukes of hazzard movie. I have come to the conclusion that I am fucking sick of people saying how cool stuff like neighbours, transformers, dukes of hazzard, the a-team, quincy, and [i']80's cock rock bands are.

Turn around and face the future for fucksake.

do you just like spouting verbal diahorrea?