aberdeen-music

THE BRAZILIAN GOVERNMENT >>>>

Erase Today

The Brazilian Government is the most corrupt government in the world (as the BBC claims) but they are coming over here to scrutinize our killing of an illegal immigrant who was thought to have links with Al Qaeda. Nice One. There are literally 1000's of people shot each year by the corrupt police over there. They also have masses upon masses of street kids who sift through rubbish for food and items and live in sewers. If they are caught they get put in prison (at 3 or 4 years OLD!) and most if not all are sexually abused by more corrupt people. Nice one Jean Charles de Menezes thanks for being a criminal not paying tax, claiming benefits, and working over here illegally after your visa ran out, oh and thanks for running off on a train when there are 6 gun men pointing their weapons at you. Oh by the way illegal immigrants are jailed for life in brazil and/or shot.

I hope his parents enjoy the thirty million pounds.

Anyone with google or a grasp on world politics can see the injustice in prosecuting the police chief I am sure in brazil the guy would be given a medal.

It's like Hitler doing a politically correct needs assessment for oxfam.

Guest tv tanned

Interesting to note little mention of the oppressive nature of the Brazilian regime (which changed for the first time in four decades in 2002) when one accesses the BBC profile on the nation:

Brazil is South America's biggest and most influential country and takes up almost half the continent. It is one of the world's economic giants and is revered for its football prowess, coffee production and distinctive music such as samba and bossa nova.

It includes much of the world's biggest rain forest around the Amazon, whose exploitation has become a major environmental worry.

Brazil has a history of economic boom and bust, with its attempts at development hampered in the past by high inflation and one of the biggest foreign debts. It has had to be bailed out in times of crisis, but economic reforms in the 1990s brought some stability to the country's finances. The changes included privatisation and the opening up of its markets.

The government is under pressure to redress what some say is one of the world's most unfair distributions of wealth. Much of the country's arable land is controlled by a handful of wealthy families, a situation which the Movement of Landless Rural Workers (MST) seeks to redress by demanding land redistribution. It uses direct protest action and land occupation in its quest.

Social conditions are harsh in the big cities Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo, where a third of the population lives in favelas, or slums.

A drive to move settlers to the Amazon region during military rule in the 1970s caused considerable damage to vast areas of rainforest. Deforestation by loggers and cattle ranchers remains controversial, but government-sponsored migration programmes have been halted. In 2005 the government reported that one fifth of the Amazon forests had been cleared by deforestation.

Brazil's Aids programme has become a model for other developing countries, having succeeded in stabilising the rate of HIV infection and cutting the number of Aids-related deaths. It is controversial, however, since it involves bypassing the big drugs firms to produce generic copycat Aids medicines.

Population: 182.8 million (UN, 2005)

Capital: Brasilia

Area: 8.55 million sq km (3.3 million sq miles)

Major language: Portuguese

Major religion: Christianity

Life expectancy: 66 years (men), 74 years (women) (UN)

Monetary unit: 1 real = 100 centavos

Main exports: Manufactured goods, iron ore, coffee, oranges, other agricultural produce

GNI per capita: US $2,720 (World Bank, 2005)

Internet domain: .br

International dialling code: +55

President: Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva

Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, a former shoeshine boy and metal worker, became Brazil's first left-wing president in four decades when he beat his government-backed rival by a wide margin in the October 2002 elections.

Celebrations broke out across Brazil, with supporters of the man popularly known as Lula saying they now had real hopes of a better life for all Brazilians. At his inauguration, he promised to make ending hunger his main goal during his presidency.

Lula also pledged to tackle corruption and Brazil's economic woes, improve education and create jobs. But he urged patience, warning that it might not be possible to fulfil his campaign promises in his initial four-year term.

Though hailed by his supporters as a working-class hero, business leaders and investors have traditionally been wary of Lula. In his fourth attempt to win the presidency he toned down his rhetoric and emphasised that he and his party had moved closer to the political centre. He also pledged to meet targets set by the International Monetary Fund.

Lula oversaw a stabilisation of the economy during his first months in office, surprising some of his critics. He implemented pension reforms in an effort to reduce a huge deficit, and pushed through a modest increase in the minumum wage. But he has had to contend with a surge of land invasions by activists frustrated at what they see as the slow pace of agrarian reform.

In 2005 his popularity was hit by claims of corruption in the ruling party, focusing on a cash-for-votes scheme in Congress. The president made a televised apology and said he had known nothing about the alleged corruption.

Lula was born in 1945 in the impoverished northeast of Brazil. His family moved to Sao Paulo when he was seven and he left school at 14 to become a metal worker.

In the 1970s, Lula honed his political skills as a fiery union leader in the industrial suburbs of Sao Paulo. He went on to help found the left-wing Workers' Party.

South America's biggest media market is home to thousands of radio stations and hundreds of TV channels.

Media ownership is highly concentrated. Home-grown conglomerates such as Globo, Brazil's most-successful broadcaster, dominate the market and run TV and radio networks, newspapers and pay-TV operations.

Brazilian-made dramas and soaps are exported to TV markets around the world. Game shows and reality TV attract huge audiences.

Brazil's constitution guarantees a free press and vigorous media debate about controversial political and social matters is common.

Someone has to be held to account for this.

Personally I blame the intellegence gatherer that must have said 'Here's yer man coming out the house now..'

you can just imagine those exact word being said by an incompetant irish police man, constable o'neill, for example.

followed by, "dats de fecker who blew up all dose people."

Guest tv tanned
you can just imagine those exact word being said by an incompetant irish police man' date=' constable o'neill, for example.

followed by, "dats de fecker who blew up all dose people."[/quote']

why exactly an incompetent irish police man?

Whilst I dont condone the Killing of an unarmed man, this country is a very soft touch and needs to become hard on people who sponge of us, that includes immigrants and the british nationals who sponge of the state - GET OFF YOUR ASS IN WHICH THERE ARE NOW RED MARK AS YOU'VE BEEN SITTING ON IT FOR SO LONG AND GET EMPLOYED, AS LONG AS THERE IS LITTER ON THE SRTEETS THERE IS WORK FOR SOMEONE!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Whilst I dont condone the Killing of an unarmed man' date=' this country is a very soft touch and needs to become hard on people who sponge of us, that includes immigrants and the british nationals who sponge of the state - GET OFF YOUR ASS IN WHICH THERE ARE NOW RED MARK AS YOU'VE BEEN SITTING ON IT FOR SO LONG AND GET EMPLOYED, AS LONG AS THERE IS LITTER ON THE SRTEETS THERE IS WORK FOR SOMEONE![/quote']

Put down the News of the World, you disgusting right-wing animal.

i think the main fact is our police shot an innocent man and thats not right

But you can understand why they did it. You've got to admit the guy they shot did have fairly dark skin.

The Brazilian Government is the most corrupt government in the world (as the BBC claims) but they are coming over here to scrutinize our killing of an illegal immigrant who was thought to have links with Al Qaeda. Nice One. There are literally 1000's of people shot each year by the corrupt police over there. They also have masses upon masses of street kids who sift through rubbish for food and items and live in sewers. If they are caught they get put in prison (at 3 or 4 years OLD!) and most if not all are sexually abused by more corrupt people. Nice one Jean Charles de Menezes thanks for being a criminal not paying tax' date=' claiming benefits, and working over here illegally after your visa ran out, oh and thanks for running off on a train when there are 6 gun men pointing their weapons at you. Oh by the way illegal immigrants are jailed for life in brazil and/or shot.

Anyone with google or a grasp on world politics can see the injustice in prosecuting the police chief I am sure in brazil the guy would be given a medal.

It's like Hitler doing a politically correct needs assessment for oxfam.[/quote']

the cheif of police is ultimately responsible for the actions of his employees and policies(as is the home secretary, who seems to be getting off v lightly during this), as a result of these an innocent man was shot dead(we don't shoot immigrants here last time i checked and shouldn't start anytime soon) and thus there has to be a level of accountability for the person at the top of the chain. you seem to be suggesting that he deserved to be shot(incidentally his immigration status been cleared up for good yet?) and that his parents are probably happy as they've got rich from it. i think we should take your name literally and erase you.

No beard or rucksack though... but I'll give you the dark skin' date=' he was probablyt muttering "dirkha dirkha, jihad jihad" to himself while walking down the street.[/quote']

i thought bob was taking the piss, as the guy was no darker than i am judging by the photo's. certainly didn't look like anyone of arab or pakistani origin or in fact any predominantly muslim area.

Lula is a hero, its just a pity that trying to kick corruption out of Brazillian politics is like trying to teach archery to a rock.

I think someone was just a little too trigger happy to be honest. If someone gave me an mp5 and told me to go bag some terrorists I wouldn't be surprised if something silly happened. Still I don't think I would have accidentally shot someone 8 times in the head. In CS i only every shot like 4 hostages.

The Brazilian Government is the most corrupt government in the world (as the BBC claims) but they are coming over here to scrutinize our killing of an illegal immigrant who was thought to have links with Al Qaeda. Nice One. There are literally 1000's of people shot each year by the corrupt police over there. They also have masses upon masses of street kids who sift through rubbish for food and items and live in sewers. If they are caught they get put in prison (at 3 or 4 years OLD!) and most if not all are sexually abused by more corrupt people. Nice one Jean Charles de Menezes thanks for being a criminal not paying tax' date=' claiming benefits, and working over here illegally after your visa ran out, oh and thanks for running off on a train when there are 6 gun men pointing their weapons at you. Oh by the way illegal immigrants are jailed for life in brazil and/or shot.

It's like Hitler doing a politically correct needs assessment for oxfam.[/quote']

How can you be jailed for life and shot? Do the guards just stroll into the cell now and again and shoot fingers off?

hmmm... I've been trying to keep my posts quite low lately (usually when I post something I regret it later) but this one's making me a bit stressed.

It really fucking pisses me off that the police make one mistake and now they're being villainised by the media and every joe-public that feels like it. I see exactly where people are coming from. an innocent man is dead, that is terrible news in any country no matter what the circumstances. But at the same time it just seems completely wrong to me that the police are not allowed any margin for error. what would you rather? that the police do fuck all while many more innocent people are at risk from bombings and terrorist attacks? If he had turned out to be a bomber and the police had done nothing then the media and the public would be moaning about that so the police can't win.

I understand what people are saying when they call for the chief of police to resign but just think about it for a second... A: if he does resign then what diffrence will it make? that man will still be dead. B: public contempt for the police and government must be making the those terrorist cunts feel even better about the sick acts they have carried out. Now not only have they terrified our nations capital but they've started a massive nation-wide disagreement.

As for all the nonsense about his skin colour or what he looked like etc... You people need to listen to yourselves. He wasn't shot for any other reason than they thought he was a terrorist. Does it not seem a little strange that a man who's Visa for this country had run out 2 years ago was shot for attempting to evade arrest? I doh't know if he ran away from them or not and quite frankly neither do any of you because we weren't there but I do find it odd. I know if I was feeling a bit shifty about the fact I wasn't legally allowed to stay in the country then I might be prone to do some stupid things when faced by the police...

I'm not having a go or saying anyone's wrong but I just think people need to step back, calm down and think about what they are actually saying. It's not a case of simple black and white here, mistakes happen in every line of work and sadly that goes for the police as well.

Me too! Give 'em a break guys. better doin that then havin a crazzzzzzy terrorist roaming the streets of the UK right?

No beard or rucksack though... but I'll give you the dark skin' date=' he was probablyt muttering "dirkha dirkha, jihad jihad" to himself while walking down the street.[/quote']

That made me laugh, Team America is such an ace movie! :D

On another note, where do people think, if at all, that terrorists might strike next?