aberdeen-music

Gavfest 2: Party monster - on reflection

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upon reflection:

After being able to consider the events in their entirity, Gavfest this year has made me want to give up music. I feel truly ridiculous saying I'm a musician. I really do need to find a medium that I can feel happy with.

My favourite moment was Ewan with taped up eyes and mouth playing drums. That's what made me laugh.

Guest ()Papaspyrou()
Upon reflection:

After being able to consider the events in their entirity' date=' Gavfest this year has made me want to give up music. I feel truly ridiculous saying I'm a musician. I really do need to find a medium that I can feel happy with.

My favourite moment was Ewan with taped up eyes and mouth playing drums. That's what made me laugh.[/quote']

1/ Pressures - You were the first on and no-one was drunk, making it hard for anyone to play confidently

2/ Temperature - I had to sit down in the sun because the shade was making me shiver - can't imagine how hard it would be to play guitar on the cold stage.

3/ Lonesome - You were playing solo and without the support of anyone to keep you going.

4/ drunkness - You probably hadn't had enough dutch courage to take the stage, again affecting your playing.

You are the only one who had all of these to your disadvantage.

seconded:

I was in the tent next to you... you seemed to get special attention.

Yeah, we concentrated our efforts on that area, its where we got the best reaction. However, Chris was one of the few who did see the funny side, so props. I also remember preventing something happening to Chris or his tent by saying "No! Thats Chris'," but I can't remember what.

i walked backed to stonehaven because i was so pissed off at that shit. ace night apart from that. nach weel. i just remember someone saying "but it's gav's garden and he can do it if he wants too" after venting my fury. then i had had enough....

i met a dead cat and mouse along the way and got some really nice photos (not of the cat and mouse!). stonehaven was much further than i thought tho

thanks though guys.

least the copyhaho lot were up for a laugh while everyone else WENT TO BED!

Err, yeah, imagine people wanting to sleep in some sort of relative peace... though, to be honest, I wasn't bothered thanks to the anaesthetising effect that far too much wine had on me.

But it was another great event, I think my favourite band of the night were Project Ven-Hell, which was also accompanied by one of the most hilariously inept attempts at a human triangle I've ever seen. I was also touched by people asking for an encore at the end of my set, when I'd thought it was going so badly I was going to abandon it midway through.

And it was also fantastic to make friends with so many people, knowing that by the next morning I'd forget ever having met them, and will probably have the exact same introduction and conversation with them next year at Gavfest, if it's on...

i walked backed to stonehaven because i was so pissed off at that shit. ace night apart from that. nach weel. i just remember someone saying "but it's gav's garden and he can do it if he wants too" after venting my fury. then i had had enough....

i met a dead cat and mouse along the way and got some really nice photos (not of the cat and mouse!). stonehaven was much further than i thought tho

thanks though guys.

I'm sorry

Yeah' date=' we concentrated our efforts on that area, its where we got the best reaction. However, Chris was one of the few who did see the funny side, so props. I also remember preventing something happening to Chris or his tent by saying "No! Thats Chris'," but I can't remember what.[/quote']

Possibly the thing you prevented was someone (I think it was Mini) trying to collapse my tent. I heard something happening and when I got up all the guy ropes had been taken out of the ground, and at least one of the corner pegs.

Possibly the thing you prevented was someone (I think it was Mini) trying to collapse my tent. I heard something happening and when I got up all the guy ropes had been taken out of the ground' date=' and at least one of the corner pegs.[/quote']

I think it must have been something like that. I hope I balanced out the tomfoolery with helpfulness

good times

I don't remember anything after Sweetheart played.

Nothing except horrible, digusting little snippets which may or may not have actually happened, but which make me want to die whenever they lodge themselves in my thoughts, that probably all did happen, and were just the tip of the iceberg.

I enjoyed the morning, surf rock is waaaaay better than post rock. Thanks Peisland's I-Pod and Lime's (maybe?) megaphone!

It's strange, my feeling was the same as last year... ie, absolute regret the day after (due to alcohol, of course), and then come about a week later, much joy about taking part in the whole occasion, and eager anticipation for the next event...

Having said that, there's no way I'm staying sober till I play next year, as all the hobos around me get wrecked and I try to maintain an air of dignity. Also, I'm taking more warm clothes because it was freaking freezing once the sun disappeared.

PS All the pegs had been taken out of my tent too, I was grateful no idiots did jump on the tent this year as I needed it for Leeds the next week, and really couldn't afford to splash out on a replacement.

PPS A Gavfest CD? Tell me more. CDs are ace.