aberdeen-music

Magners Cider

kirkt

Guest bluesxman

After an unfortunate spewing incident in my teens involving a litre bottle of Strongbow I couldn't contemplate drinking cider again but found Magners to be very nice when I got curious about this stuff my mates were all drinking, much less harsh tasting than I remembered cider being. Have found that any more than 3 pints starts to become less appealing though. It's nice for chilling in the evening watching TV.

pah' date=' another drinking "fad". It only goes to prove the sheep-like mentality of folk these days.[/quote']

Its funny, someone at work the other day was commenting that if a year ago you'd asked for cider with a pint of ice you would of probably gotten quite a few funny looks. Suddenly its the norm. Telly? Influential? nah!

Guest DustyDeviada
Its funny' date=' someone at work the other day was commenting that if a year ago you'd asked for cider with a pint of ice you would of probably gotten quite a few funny looks. Suddenly its the norm. Telly? Influential? nah![/quote']

Just what I was thinking while I was trying to keep a low profile in a reasonably dodgy pub on the west coast filled with Huns watching the Huns-Dons game, saw some guy drinking this stuff with ice. Kind of unbelivable that it's OK to drink a bottle of cider with ice in it now whereas only a few years ago that would have surely been considered "poofy".

Guest tv tanned

even drinking cider full stop would have been considered 'poofy' not long ago.

probably just before famed "lad" Johnny Vaughan started advertising the stuff...

Guest DustyDeviada

Yep, he's got a lot to answer for.

What was the name of that film programme he had on Channel 4? Because that was quite good actually, shame he's crap now. I can't begin to imagine how shit his sitcom is.

Guest tv tanned

I was referring to the Big Breakfast.

Caught it a few times, was decent enough fare.

Of course now I concentrate on more sophisticated breakfast media, such as the Today programme...

I believe Neil is also a big fan. :)

Nectar of the gods I tell thee!

As one of my colleagues at work once stated - Magners is a most excellent "breakfast" cider.

Magners truly is a drink that can be drunk at any time and should be drunk at any time - all the time.

Now my only wishes are for The Bassment to stop taking the piss with their price for Magners and for Moshulu to start selling the dinky little bottles of it. Go on! You know it makes sense!!

even drinking cider full stop would have been considered 'poofy' not long ago.

probably just before famed "lad" Johnny Vaughan started advertising the stuff...

But acting more feminine or "poofy" has been the new thing for the past year or so.

Pink shirts for example...

As one of my colleagues at work once stated - Magners is a most excellent "breakfast" cider.

A colleague from Edinburgh by any chance?

I'm with TV Tanned and Kirk with this one. It's still tastes like cider. There's nothing particularly different about it except it costs more than blackthorn. Over-rated, over-hyped and only sells as much as it does through marketing.

Personally I'll stick to the beer.