aberdeen-music

Hitler better than Tony

Wishbone G

Guest tv tanned
Don't sound so surprised. Hitler was a good leader' date=' if you recognise politics as being unethical, which it has been since Machiavelli put pen to paper[/quote']

I don't call slaughtering several million of your own people, based on ethnicity alone, and leading your nation into a world war, which it subsequently lost with great loss of life on all sides, a stunning example of leadership.

"Oh but he built the autobahns and employed people..." :moody:

I don't call slaughtering several million of your own people' date=' based on ethnicity alone, and leading your nation into a world war, which it subsequently lost with great loss of life on all sides, a stunning example of leadership.

"Oh but he built the autobahns and employed people..." :moody:[/quote']

I think you are missing the point, yip, hitler was a cyant, but he was a good leader. (not good meaning "good" (I sound like run DMC).

"efficent" "effective" etc...

remember, he thought he was right, and so did the people following him...

"It's clear then, that few if any of the "high profile business executives" polled have read Anthony Beevor's Stalingrad - a case study in how not to run your business (in this case the German 6th Army) - which outlines how Adolf's highly individual management style sent the share price of the Third Reich into a tailspin."

Yup, great leader all right. I like the way he cultivated an atmosphere of fear and mistrust as well, because we all know that's the best way to get the job done.

Guest ()Papaspyrou()
I don't call slaughtering several million of your own people' date=' based on ethnicity alone, and leading your nation into a world war, which it subsequently lost with great loss of life on all sides, a stunning example of leadership.

Holy shit Mark, i'm agreeing with you!

Yeah, seriously I don't see how people can overlook the slaughter of 6 million jews (which, incidentally, happened DURING his leadership) and still claim he was a great leader. He effectively fucked the countries long lived social values and left them in pretty their pre-war state after his fairy tale dream of an all aryan race amusingly collapsed.

They were' date=' and your sarcasm was misplaced. Fear and mistrust have always got things done. The stick rather than the carrot worked for Stalin too[/quote']

He was murdered, how does that equal success? Slaughtering millions of your own people is certainly getting things done though.

I agree, no matter how good he was previously, the Holocaust cancelled it all out and turned him into one of the worst.

If Hitler had died before the 2nd world war he would have been hailed as one of Germany's greatest leaders...he did do great things for the country. But then i think war got to his head a bit too much and the things like Kristallnacht and the Knight of the Long Knives SLIGHTLY fucked everything up for him. He did unite German and re-energise them as a country.

Guest tv tanned
If Hitler had died before the 2nd world war he would have been hailed as one of Germany's greatest leaders...he did do great things for the country. But then i think war got to his head a bit too much and the things like Kristallnacht and the Knight of the Long Knives SLIGHTLY fucked everything up for him. He did unite German and re-energise them as a country.

Firstly it was the NIGHT of the Long Knives

Secondly, the Night of the Long Knives happened almost immediately after he came to power if I remember correctly.