aberdeen-music

Hitler better than Tony

Wishbone G

Guest treader.

Before Hitler came into power, he made promises about what he was going to do, and he kept them, giving thousands of jobs to the unemployed, and tearing up the treaty of versailles stage by stage. He did loads of cool stuff to help Germany, then went a bit far you know, when he killed everyone and that.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
He was murdered' date=' how does that equal success? Slaughtering millions of your own people is certainly getting things done though.[/quote']

Stalin wasn't murdered, he died of neglect. He suffered a stroke and lay dying for about 20 hours in a pool of his own piss, all because the guards were too scared to call the doctors in case it annoyed him.

Stalin wasn't murdered' date=' he died of neglect. He suffered a stroke and lay dying for about 20 hours in a pool of his own piss, all because the guards were too scared to call the doctors in case it annoyed him.[/quote']

I prefer the poison theory, just because of what happened before he collapsed, but your theory is almost just as likely to be right, imo.

The fact that he lay for so long in his own piss because everyone was too scared was what I was trying to get across though.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I prefer the poison theory' date=' just because of what happened before he collapsed, but your theory is almost just as likely to be right, imo.

The fact that he lay for so long in his own piss because everyone was too scared was what I was trying to get across though.[/quote']

Indeed, a lot of good it did him in the end.

Sad as I may be, I have 3 biographies of Stalin and they all pour cold water on the poison theory. If you're as sad as me, check out Simon Sebag Montefiore's biography, only came out last year and he pretty much got full access to the Kremlin archives. A good read.

Guest tv tanned
Where have all the apologists for Hitler come from all of a sudden? Hitler never did anything "cool"' date=' his rise to power was based solely around policies of expansionism and genocide. The "thousands of jobs" came from the growth of the armed forces and the confiscation of assets and businesses of Jews and "dissidents". If Hitler was a good leader, then I'm a Dutchman.[/quote']

well said sir.

I too am a little worried at this sudden shift in opinion among younger folk. I can imagine the conversations.

"Y'know, if it wasn't for the ethnic cleansing and ruthless invasion of other nations, fascism would be really cool"

"Yeh, let's get swastika tats"

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

"Y'know' date=' if it wasn't for the ethnic cleansing and ruthless invasion of other nations, fascism would be really cool"

"Yeh, let's get swastika tats"[/quote']

Don't worry. Its not really like that. People here are just trying to justify one section of Hitlers dictatorship - the way he turned around the country. Problem is that they don't regard the persecution of the Jews as part of his leadership and as such, seem to forget that it should be consolidated when you're regarding some-ones ability to run a country.

You'll be retired pretty soon safe in the hands of todays youth.