aberdeen-music

Death from above 1979

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Tried so hard not to like these bearded hipsters but the rock is too much even for my fucking powerful soul to resist. Best album i've bought in ages.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i don't dig bands with beards, or hipster mentality. they seemed like a gimmicky band for people that jerk off to bloc party and stuff. i pay my taxes i'll have you know

Guest Firefly

Absolute, total bollocks. They are a rancid pile of festering shite. Their music lacks any talent or imagination. The whole 'twosome' approach to music has been done to death.

The album is great, I'm loving it. Favourite songs would have to be "Romantic Rights", "Go Home, Get Down" and "Little Girl". They sounded very poor at T in the Park, but there certainly was enough potential there.

Oh, and as for the "for people who jerk off to Bloc Party" comment, stop speaking out your arse

Guest Firefly

The problem with these 'two piece' 'bands' is that they lack any depth to their sound. Its like do they want to be a solo act with a mate tagging along or have they pissed off enough former bandmates to just be left with the two of them. Regardless i think they sound like hackneyed tripe. And they're aweful live too.

The problem with these 'two piece' 'bands' is that they lack any depth to their sound. Its like do they want to be a solo act with a mate tagging along or have they pissed off enough former bandmates to just be left with the two of them. Regardless i think they sound like hackneyed tripe. And they're aweful live too.

He has a point though, they only have one song with little variations on it, and only about three of them are good.

He has a point though' date=' they only have one song with little variations on it, and only about three of them are good.[/quote']

3 good songs is more than enough to justify any bands existence. I like the idea behind them - which is usually enough for me - but, crikey, they're a chore to listen to, aren't they? Dennis Hopper's adage about films: "movies should punish those who seek entertainment" shouldn't apply to pop