aberdeen-music

Golf

framheim

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluesxman

Go to the driving range and try out the full price stuff then go to this website -

http://www.ukcustomgolf.co.uk/

They do copies of the big brands such as Callaway and Ping using the same materials but at a fraction of the price due to lack of branding. I've bought a few things there, excellent service and good clubs. Only problem is if you are a golf snob who needs the brand on the club!

that's a good site' date=' still out of my price range but worth noting when i get a bit better and might be making larger investments.[/quote']

I'm selling my irons in the next month or so cos I've just ordered a new set. It's a full set of Daiwa Advisor blades...3-SW. They're about 10 years old, but in pretty good nick and were regripped last season.

I'll be selling for about 75. I bought them new for 450, so a very good set of clubs. Interested????

nah, i'm just looking just now. sounds like a good price and they seem like good irons(just did quick bit of research on the web) so i'm sure you'll find a buyer quick. i'm owe the missus a lot of cash just now so can't really justify spending that money on golf clubs, as much as i want to.

There is a guy in the Bridge of Don who sells clubs out of his garage and he does the copy clubs, the difference is he will match the club to you.....the correct shaft (flex and length) grip etc. my brother got clubs off him a few months ago and it improved his game and he was a single figure handicapper to begin with.....

I can get his number for anyone interested.....oh and he's cheap :gringo:

G...

Guest bluesxman
I was shown that website yesterday. Can't believe how cheap it is and apparently the clubs are almost identical to the brand name versions

I bought the copy of the Odyseey two ball putter and compared it to one of my workmates genuine article, it's identical except for the colour and logos.

I think the guy doing the sizing is the actual UK golf guy, my boss went to see him to get fitted for clubs he bought on the site, boss said he was at Bridge of Don...

I stopped playing years ago but it seems a good idea since I'm planning a career in law. It is a legitimate excuse to escape the office. I tend to be alright at putting and driving but my irons are rubbish. Royal Aberdeen is a very good golf club but fucking expensive. It's 85 for a non member to pay a round!

• 4 weeks later...

Used to play on a weekly basis with a 'cap of about 18 and thought i was archie 'til i entered a kids tournament, sliced off the first tee and ran away crying. Swapped the clubs for a trumpet and guitar and haven't played much since although i should be getting more use out of my nice clubs.

Anyone fancy a beginers round in a few weeks time?