aberdeen-music

Man Shot Down Was Innocent.

Camie

The have stepped up security at the entrances to the Tube stations. Today some white dude with a large rucksack was stopped and searched before entering (fact). It was the Police searching so they were no doubt looking for an ickle wickle middle eastern fella in there! (not fact)

J

just saw this on the news today...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/4732465.stm

I think we've been proven right about "don't worry nice white folks, we'll get them pesky colourds folksis."

I'd hate to be a muslim living in leeds just now. oh how I wish there were morelevel minded, educated people on BOTH sides.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zeenat Aman

The problem is, if they suspect someone, are they going to actually just stop and search them or will they use more extreme measures?

And, how is searching people going to stop bombings happening? Say the wrong, as in right, person gets searched, Booooooom!!!

I just dont see anyway to stop someone from going through with a suicide bombing unless the police 'know' in advance.

Hmmm.

when i spoke to me dad about it he said the dudes visa had ran out 5 years ago.

i find it hard to believe the police would have not shouted for him to stop. they would seriously be getting punished for it if they didnt. they have strict rules about what to do with the guns.

i do see its a bit weird that they would have shot him for running cause his visa had expeired, but it shows he had a reason to run.

No doubt, modernity and technology are a great advantage. But we should not stop there; we must capitalise on our technological superiority and put it to the use of society at large. We must place many more cameras. They should be in every home, in every bedroom, in every restaurant, in every public toilet. We can then, just minutes after the next attack, be able to see the suspected terrorists eating, shitting, fucking, picking their noses or even picking other people's noses. It will look great on TV and it will even look better on a tabloid newspaper. This must be Blair's prophecy for the Western world: more cameras, more identity cards, in short, more control.

Seriously, there is NO EXCUSE for the shooting of that brazilian guy, and there is no excuse for endorsing policies that led to his death.

The problem is' date=' if they suspect someone, are they going to actually just stop and search them or will they use more extreme measures?

And, how is searching people going to stop bombings happening? Say the wrong, as in right, person gets searched, Booooooom!!!

I just dont see anyway to stop someone from going through with a suicide bombing unless the police 'know' in advance.

Hmmm.[/quote']

one of the other strange things on the underground, they shit in their pants about getting people to keep their bags with them at all time, as it goes, a "suspicious package" is someone's bag left unatended. this can cause major delays, even tube stops closing down now....thing is, when was the last time you saw a suicide bomber leave his bomb behind, as he gets to a safe place ?

I think the media should lay off talking about "a muslim problem", the word "muslim" is all to often used on the news, how often have you heard a white guy being described of as "christian" (or whatever), before a story about them is told ?

"a male Christian rapist held the woman for 4 hours...blah blah..."

never.

why ? is it because a christian wouldn't rape someone ? or is it not important we know that?

much like the (I imagine) 95+% british muslims want nothing to do with these nutters who blow themselves up.

I'd imagine that if there was less racial / religious stereotyping ON the TV, people might get a bit less scared of "mr boogaboo" and start thinking straight.

Guest Zeenat Aman

i find it hard to believe the police would have not shouted for him to stop. they would seriously be getting punished for it if they didnt. they have strict rules about what to do with the guns.

i do see its a bit weird that they would have shot him for running cause his visa had expeired' date=' but it shows he had a reason to run.[/quote']

Your dad sounds like he's got as much clue as the rest of us. I know that sounds harsh, but who really knows the truth just now?

Lets just see what this enquiry comes up with.

I think the media should lay off talking about "a muslim problem"' date=' the word "muslim" is all to often used on the news, how often have you heard a white guy being described of as "christian" (or whatever), before a story about them is told ?

"a male Christian rapist held the woman for 4 hours...blah blah..."

never.

why ? is it because a christian wouldn't rape someone ? or is it not important we know that?

much like the (I imagine) 95+% british muslims want nothing to do with these nutters who blow themselves up.

I'd imagine that if there was less racial / religious stereotyping ON the TV, people might get a bit less scared of "mr boogaboo" and start thinking straight.[/quote']

We don't say "Christians" because the majority of white people in the UK ARE Christian. The Uk is considered a Christian country. If you go to another country which has a different predominant religion, you'll find caucasians will more often be reffered to as Christians. And most of (if not all) the offenders so far have been Muslim, so it can be seen as a Muslim problem. But that doesn't necessarily mean ALL muslims. I have Indian friends who are Muslims, and down to earth, sound guys. Basically, my view is: get our troops the fuck out of where they don't belong, send home all these fucking extremist wankers, and get back to whatever we consider the norm.

Andy

i do see its a bit weird that they would have shot him for running cause his visa had expeired' date=' but it shows he had a reason to run.[/quote']

just cause it's hard to believe doesn't mean it didn't happen. what does your dad do in the police? unless he's a senior officer or is in the met working on the case i'm not sure if he'd be privvy to the information about the guys visa. i'm not saying your dad's a liar just that the home office seem extremely confused about it and they're in charge of these things so i don't know why a policeman in grampian police(if he lives up here, i'm just assuming that he does) would know better.

the thing about the rules is void as well because they installed a new set of guidelines after july 7th called operation kratos. they took advice from israeli security services and gave advice on shoot to kill for all armed officers.

i'm not saying i'm right just trying to point out that there is very little fact just now and that we won't know the truth until the inquiries are finished.

the dudes visa had ran out 5 years ago

I could be mistaken but I think he'd only been in the UK for 3 years. But it does appear that his visa had recently expired. Although it's going to be hard to get the truth about that one. First they said it had, then they said it hadn't, now they say it has again.

Guest Zeenat Aman
just cause it's hard to believe doesn't mean it didn't happen. what does your dad do in the police? unless he's a senior officer or is in the met working on the case i'm not sure if he'd be privvy to the information about the guys visa. i'm not saying your dad's a liar just that the home office seem extremely confused about it and they're in charge of these things so i don't know why a policeman in grampian police(if he lives up here' date=' i'm just assuming that he does) would know better.

the thing about the rules is void as well because they installed a new set of guidelines after july 7th called operation kratos. they took advice from israeli security services and gave advice on shoot to kill for all armed officers.

i'm not saying i'm right just trying to point out that there is very little fact just now and that we won't know the truth until the inquiries are finished.[/quote']

Dave, as always, gives us a well thought out and unbiased post.

Apologies Catherine if my short reply seemed like it was dissing your dad, that wasn't the intention.

:cheers:

Dave' date=' as always, gives us a well thought out and unbiased post.

Apologies Catherine if my short reply seemed like it was dissing your dad, that wasn't the intention.

:cheers:[/quote']

I am overly critical of the police due to a series of events that affected me personally between 1987 and 1997.

There are plenty of decent policemen whom I respect. Being a policeman is arguably the hardest and most thankless job, and I personally wouldn't have the bottle to do it.

Guest Zeenat Aman
I am overly critical of the police due to a series of events that affected me personally between 1987 and 1997.

There are plenty of decent policemen whom I respect. Being a policeman is arguably the hardest and most thankless job' date=' and I personally wouldn't have the bottle to do it.[/quote']

As with anything, there's good and bad. Apart from the flute and sax playing of Harold McNair, that was faultless.

:gringo: