aberdeen-music

london alert - again?

'Bomb Attempt' Sparks Tube Alert

The emergency services are attending three Tube stations in London following 'incidents', Scotland Yard said.

There have also been reports of an incident on a bus in Hackney Road, near Colombia Road, in east London.

One witness said an explosive device had been detonated in a man's rucksack at Warren Street station but may have failed to go off properly.

A British Transport Police spokeswoman said Warren Street, Shepherds Bush and Oval stations had all been evacuated and services on three London Underground lines had been suspended.

She said the incidents were "ongoing". Passengers at Warren Street reported seeing smoke.

There were no immediate reports of any casualties.

Victoria Line passenger Ivan McCracken said: "I was in a middle carriage and the train was not far short of Warren Street station when suddenly the door between my carriage and the next one burst open and dozens of people started rushing through.

"Some were falling, there was mass panic.

"It was difficult to get the story from any of them what had happened, but when I got to ground level there was an Italian young man comforting an Italian girl who told me he had seen what had happened.

"He said that a man was carrying a rucksack and the rucksack suddenly exploded. It was a minor explosion but enough to blow open the rucksack.

"The man then made an exclamation as if something had gone wrong. At that point everyone rushed from the carriage."

Guest haigyman
As a point of inforamtion' date=' the BBC uis not stirring up fear. SKY, Reuters and CNN were reporting this as a nail,bomb before the BBC said anything like that, unless it has been confirmed they don't report it. Their news coverage has been calm and constantly reassuring.[/quote']

if it's being covered by all those other networks...can't the BBC just leave it and show neighbours ffs!