aberdeen-music

unknown blasts in london

Untitled

aye but according to reports some hotels were charging double....

Probably... I had to cancel some of our hotel resevations in London yesterday... they were reservations we weren't suppose to be able to cancel... but due to the situation we could and we got out money back.

I'm not suprised if our rooms went for a small fortune... they were in hotels in the worst affected areas.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done for taking this totally out of context.

Of course London is an easier target than Gleneagles....well spotted Sherlock.

London didnt just become an easy target because of the 1' date='000 Metropolitan police at G8 (there were still 28,000 police left in London ie. more than enough). The point is that it was always an easy target.[/quote']

so can you tell that to the boy who said that London was "more secure" because of the higher numbers of Bobbies ? (I think that's what my post was refering to...dink).

Agree about the action/reaction thing, obviously people are going to talk about the events.

BUT

why can't it be a positive reaction? i'm moaning about the unhelpful stuff. i'd hate the reaction to be directed in a destructive way at the wrong people, is all.

x

But the amount of money spend on anti-terrorism proceedures was clearly well spent. You will never prevent an attack like yesterdays but the emergency services were astounding: calm, methodical, organised, and not a single mishap once they were on the scene. They handled it as if it was what they did every day.

here was my email to a worried colleauge in aberdeen yesterday :

(some blah at the start I've cut out)

and what's the point, eh ?

what's a few stupid suicide bombers going to change ?

if anything, it'll make it worse for their "cause", but, as we know, there isn't really a "cause".

hence, you can't get worried about it, you'd become a recluse.

I am more worried about being killed by a cyclist / bus down here than a bomb

no one really puts these things into perspective, as they are so "out of the ordinary", far less likely to be killed by a bomb than a car.

no one puts those stats on the news. because everyone accepts the risk. and it's not "sensational". (a real problem I have with "news" these days...it's not news to re-run the events 24/7 for fucking ages.)

but, doom and gloom and paranoia and fear is what "they" want us to think, so we can be easily controlled. and, I think you'll find over the next few months, that's just what the government will play on.

so can you tell that to the boy who said that London was "more secure" because of the higher numbers of Bobbies ? (I think that's what my post was refering to...dink).

where in my post did i imply that London was secure? Didnt I just say it was an easy target? Kinda implies that it isnt so secure doesnt it?

Agree about the action/reaction thing' date=' obviously people are going to talk about the events.

BUT

why can't it be a positive reaction? i'm moaning about the unhelpful stuff. i'd hate the reaction to be directed in a destructive way at the wrong people, is all.

x[/quote']

I know what you mean... but in such a situation it is difficult to react in a positive manner. The only positive comments I can muster are that due to the emergency services being well trained that we managed to save so many people that would have otherwise have been lost - my heart goes out to the lives that have been lost.

Asides that... there isn't much that you can be happy about with such an event. Unfortunately it is difficult to be positive about such a negative event.

I agree that we shouldn't go around pointing fingers and screaming threats - no good will ever come of it.

I'll lay down a substantial bet that the BNP will use this as a recrutment drive.

Probably, it's certainly the most ridiculous thing that could come out such an event... so yeah, it'd put it in the BNP's corner to do something like that. :(

if you've got the stomach, go check their site (I nearly boaked)...

fucking morons, each and every one of them, I hope the dicks on this site who said "i'd vote bnp" are fucking ashamed.

--------------- a few "salient" words for our pals at the BNP hq (about the bombs "done in the name of allah" is the title)

A religion of peace?

An Islamic terror group has this afternoon claimed responsibility for the outrages that have brought chaos to central London. Devices were used on three different underground trains and one on a London transport bus and have led to at least 33 people being killed and hundreds injured.

Blood trail

The adherents of Islam claim that it is a religion of peace. The small extremist minority that can out such murderous attacks upon our people show quite the opposite. This alien creed breeds disaffection, hatred and violence. Almost every global conflict taking place today is where this "peaceful" religion is trying to assume or maintain influence and power. From Nigeria through to Chad and Sudan and northwards through the Middle East and into the Caucasus, lie battle zones where Islamics are fighting non-believers.

Today as a consequence of the horrific murders of commuters and holidaymakers in our national capital to that blood stained green crescent of death can be added London's name.

Murder gang's message

The text of the proclamation from the Secret Organisation Group of al-Qaeda of Jihad Organisation in Europe reads as follows:

In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters.

-------------------------------------

and that shit continues......I dare not post the URL, go find it yourself , if you want.

Guest tv tanned
one of the papers' headline read "Bomb blast rocks London" ' date=' I mean, they're making it sound like some awesome party...[/quote']

1mr-t-lighter.jpg

No it doesn't' date=' it shows that there is a small extremist minority.

Fuckwits.[/quote']

I wish that quote didn't look as though I said that....

I'd just like to point out to the simpletons on the site, I hate the BNP and all they stand for (if you are too lazy to look up the messages list!)

I wish that quote didn't look as though I said that....

I'd just like to point out to the simpletons on the site' date=' I hate the BNP and all they stand for (if you are too lazy to look up the messages list!)[/quote']

I've changed it, just so you don't look guilty now.

Well done for taking this totally out of context.

Of course London is an easier target than Gleneagles....well spotted Sherlock.

London didnt just become an easy target because of the 1' date='000 Metropolitan police at G8 (there were still 28,000 police left in London ie. more than enough). The point is that it was always an easy target.[/quote']

exactly, police arnt known for doing bomb checks on busses anyway. the cheif of the london force said they had more than anoth offficers to cope with this. they carried out the emergency plan, and it worked very well