aberdeen-music

Ok, where should we record?

Hog

You missed out the worrying undertone of "but you wouldn't know the difference because people in bands think shit sound is the bee's knees".

Stop being a knob and twisting things around. I never once said that the studios in Aberdeen were shit ? Get your facts right !!

Wait wait wait. Are you arguing semantics with me? Are you trying to gain the upper hand in our exchange because I called a 'track' a 'song'? I could have gone through all of your posts and pointed out the laughable grammar, sentence construction and punctuation in great detail. Here's a tip; don't criticise somebody else's word usage when your own is no better than that of a primary school kid. The irony is that, in your patronsiing statement 'the track your talking about is actually an instrumental, and not a "Song", you misspell the word 'you're'. Kind of makes a fud of your point, doesn't it?

Yes, the track is Godawful; poorly constructed, incredibly boring, wishy-washy and instantly forgettable. It meanders along for 9 minutes with little dynamic; it is coffee-shop music. However, hopefully you were trying to illustrate the quality of your recording, and not your songwriting. The recording, as mentioned, is quite impressive. Please put up an example of your work in a more indie/rock environment. Soundcloud's sound quality is decent enough for this purpose.

As a matter of interest, how long have you been playing, and how much studio experience do you have?

....Must. Not. Take. Bait.....

Can't resist. 'So now your (sic) saying that the Aberdeen music scene is all about indie and rock bands?'; do you see what is wrong with this? That's right - I didn't actually say that! It might be an idea to give the punters a taste of your work in a more guitar-driven (indie/rock, if you will) genre. Take it how you will, but this is a helpful suggestion if you are at all interested in being taken seriously (which, I suspect, you aren't).

Let me put it another way; you have made such an almighty fuck-up of your sales pitch to this forum that the only way in which I can see you actually drumming up some business is with a kick-ass example of a well-produced song.

Not a boring, watered-down, flaccid, instrumental funk-like abomination (that was actually pretty well recorded).

Put up a song that might impress people.

musicians are their own worst critics, It can always be better to them but to most non musos if you can hear all the instruments fine and isn't peaking all over the shop then it will do. most bands just use their recordings as a reference to hear their progress give to their friends. not as a super commercial production that people will not appreciate fully after a lot of their time, money and effort is spent on it

if you have a super banging the best in the worldz recording, your never going to have the same sound when you play live? It will be disappointing for the people who have listened to you amazing polished hi-fi recordings before seeing your band live, just sayin