aberdeen-music

Sin City

It is. I was looking along the lines of other people's opinions but never mind. I suppose I'll just crawl into a hole and die giving the lack of enthusiasm and dry hole of humour I'll find on the forum

I don't see how people could give opinions if its not been released, but I found you this, as a present..

A collection of interweaving stories all based in the corrupt, crime infested hell-hole that is Basin City. Heavily influenced by film-noir, the main storylines concern a hulking brute called Marv (Mickey Rourke), who is seeking the murderer of a beautiful woman who was killed while asleep in bed with him; an ex-photographer called Dwight (Clive Owen) who does something! and has to cover it up; and a soon-to-be-retiring policeman called Hartigan (Bruce Willis) who is incarcerated for a crime he didn't commit. All based on the brilliant graphic novels "Sin City", "The Big Fat Kill" and "That Yellow Bastard", written and illustrated by Frank Miller.

I don't see how people could give opinions if its not been released' date=' but I found you this, as a present..

A collection of interweaving stories all based in the corrupt, crime infested hell-hole that is Basin City. Heavily influenced by film-noir, the main storylines concern a hulking brute called Marv (Mickey Rourke), who is seeking the murderer of a beautiful woman who was killed while asleep in bed with him; an ex-photographer called Dwight (Clive Owen) who accidentally DOES SOMETHING and has to cover it up; and a soon-to-be-retiring policeman called Hartigan (Bruce Willis) who is incarcerated for a crime he didn't commit. All based on the brilliant graphic novels "Sin City", "The Big Fat Kill" and "That Yellow Bastard", written and illustrated by Frank Miller.[/quote']

You might want to not ruin Dwight's story there, fella.

Why would you want to ruin a viewing of the film by potentially spoiling the plot (since it's based on the comics which have - obviously - been written already), stop being a dickshit and wait for the film to hit the screens. I feel so tainted having watched only one small trailer, wish i hadn't. All i know is that it tightly follows the comics down to the actors physique, and that none of the sets are real.

I totally can't wait to see this baby on a BIG screen.

Basically, it's a film concerning three or four seperate main characters whose storylines all intertwine (but aren't really 'brought together' properly in the film). I saw it a few weeks ago on DVD (is it out in America or something..?) and I spent the first half hour or so amused at just how over-the-top it actually was. After a while though, you realise that's just how it's supposed to be. Anyway won't spoil anything here..thoroughly enjoyed it...gritty as fuck though.

video piracy is a crime' date=' do not accept it.[/quote']

To be fair It seemed like a real copy (thinking about it this seems pretty unlikely since it's not even out in the cinemas here). I'll probably go and see it on a big screen anyway...and thus I have justified my crime to myself. :nono:

Omfg!!!!

Finally got round to seeing the film on a big screen and what an absolute peach of a movie. This is the ultimate noir film; full of (anti-) heroes, femme fatals, sexy women, twisting plot and above all every single scene is so stylish and genuinely well thought out that it pains me to wait another day to see it again. I'd be pretty surprised - and upset - if this doesn't generate a torrent of modernised, ultra-stylistic noir films. Easily the best film of the year thus far, and if anyone misses it, they'd be a total fool.