aberdeen-music

audioscrobbler group

R.Borlax

Hmm it stopped showing the songs i have been listening to for past hour.

on the website or in your signature image? i've a feeling that the signature image things are cached on the server when they begin being requested frequently, meaning that your signature image may only be updated every couple of hours or so.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use musicmatch jukebox for tagging all my music. It has the supertagging option to edit all your mp3s. Then i use winamp pro 5 with audioscrobbler plugin to get the best results with the audioscrobbler server.

Shame foobar 2000 has probs with the tags or i would of used that. For sound quality it takes

most mp3 players to the cleaners

on the website or in your signature image? i've a feeling that the signature image things are cached on the server when they begin being requested frequently' date=' meaning that your signature image may only be updated every couple of hours or so.[/quote']

Its on the website that it is not getting updated.

Guest Savant

edit: actually I've figured it out. The songs aren't tagged with artist and track info.

How do you tag mp3's properly? I can change the filename but it just somes up as 'artist' on the media player...

Guest onlynik
How do you tag mp3's properly? I can change the filename but it just somes up as 'artist' on the media player...

Use a proper media player like winamp, then you can update the track info. (alt+3)

Or you can use Windows Explorer, right click on the grey bit where it says "name" and you can pick the columns you want. You can edit Album names and tracks too.

Guest onlynik

Apparently i need to listen to these bands, based on my current tastes.

New Suggestions

Your neighbours are into these artists

1 Metallica

2 Led Zeppelin

Problem is I can't stand MEtallica or LEd Zep...............so much for computers

Guest Savant
Use a proper media player like winamp' date=' then you can update the track info. (alt+f3)

Or you can use Windows Explorer, right click on the grey bit where it says "name" and you can pick the columns you want. You can edit Album names and tracks too.[/quote']

I already use Winamp - cheers for that tho!

*Sighs*

It's working now' date=' ie sending stuff to the site, but still nothing comes up in my signature. Spellchecker, you seem to be in the know, it must be the denness URL. Could it be my username like Paulscoconutass?[/quote']

not sure why it's not working, though i'm guessing it's probably something to do with all the periods in your username. you could try changing your username or registering a new one.

Guys, just written an FAQ article to help with all this. I've also hosted the PHP scripts used to create the Recently Played Tracks image so you can, if you want, grab your Recently Played Tracks signature graphic from the aberdeen-music.com web server instead as it should be faster, it will save the AudioScrobbler guys bandwidth and I've tweaked the scripts here so that the time in the graphic is now displayed in GMT and the image should refresh quicker (every 2 minutes). To find out how to use this version then just read the following FAQ article:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_new_faq_item40