aberdeen-music

Revenge of the sith is fucking ace!

Guest Logan

I'm surprised no one mentioned how cool it is that we get an inside view of Darth Vader's helmet! We get a glimpse of how he views the world. It's almost like the Terminator/Predator (without mask).

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst Jedi death was probably Aayla Secura (the blue twi'ilek). She just' date=' fell over.

[/quote']

Speaking of her - am I right in thinking that Obi-Wan refers to "Master Vos" when speaking about the Outer Rim Sieges? Reckon that's Secura's Master Quinlan Vos?

Did anyone notice the younger Mon Motma? (the ginger lady that describes the plan to destroy the 2nd death star in RotJ).

Didn't see her - when's she supposed to appear?

saw it on saturday and thought it was immense.

was the last sequence on the star destroyer meant to be a couple years after vader being put into the suit? because i noticed that the uniforms of the officers and tarkin dont appear anywhere in the prequel trilogy and surely uniforms didnt change immedeately after the fall of the republic.

still a few things im unsure of aswell, in episode 2 on kamino, the natives tell kenobi that syfo dias ordered the clones, so what happened to him? was he palpatines apprentice prior to maul? or was he after maul and dukoo succeeded him as apprentice? OR did palpatine employ a changling to impersonate dias to order the clones?

im hoping they make a sequel trilogy. that'd be smoking

saw it on saturday and thought it was immense.

was the last sequence on the star destroyer meant to be a couple years after vader being put into the suit? because i noticed that the uniforms of the officers and tarkin dont appear anywhere in the prequel trilogy and surely uniforms didnt change immedeately after the fall of the republic.

Thought that meself - infact I think I turned to Mel and said: "They recruited the Imperial Army pretty fucking quickly!" Creative license I guess though. I did enjoy the very fast introduction of retro-looking technology and 70s hair-does in the last 10 minutes of RotS!

still a few things im unsure of aswell' date=' in episode 2 on kamino, the natives tell kenobi that syfo dias ordered the clones, so what happened to him? was he palpatines apprentice prior to maul? or was he after maul and dukoo succeeded him as apprentice? OR did palpatine employ a changling to impersonate dias to order the clones?[/quote']

I'd like this to be clearer as well - is this explained more fully in the novelisations? I'd just assumed that Cypher Dias was Palpatine's alias...or some sort of manipulation of an old Jedi.

im hoping they make a sequel trilogy. that'd be smoking

Unless it's an adaption of the Timothy Zahn novels, Lucas shouldn't bother IMO....

(TZ invented Coruscant!)

I watched the film at 9.30 in the morning the day before it came out with about 6 other people in a 200 seat screen. In retrospect I wish I hadn't. You lose something of the atmosphere. I left feeling disappointed and I didn't know why. Now I think I have it. When you know almost everything that will happen before it's release you tend to create your own film. You get to decide how the gaps are filled. Then when you see the film you can't help but think of it as wrong somehow.

The Anakin obi wan duel irked me. Too much dueling on narrow beams and swinging from ropes. It had nothing on duel of the fates in phantom menace. The windu palpatine duel was cool but I thought the other jedi died too quickly. It wanted to see a more open fight with palpatine picking them off one at a time. I was kinda confused by windu kicking palpatines ass. Was he stronger than yoda then? I don't believe Palpatine let him get one up on him so that he could turn anakin, it doesn't make any sense because anakin only arrives after windu has palpatine on the ropes. Not enough wookie action for me, could have done without chewie though. I liked the little padawan valiant last stand outside the temple with senator organa looking on. He died like a king. I thought Cody should have felt a little more guilty at being told to kill obi wan.

I'm going to see it again and i expect to enjoy it far more.

I'm more looking forward to sin city though.

I was kinda confused by windu kicking palpatines ass. Was he stronger than yoda then? I don't believe Palpatine let him get one up on him so that he could turn anakin' date=' it doesn't make any sense because anakin only arrives after windu has palpatine on the ropes.

[/quote']

while yoda is the WISEST of the jedi, Windu is the STRONGEST, it says so in episode II i think " as wise as master yoda and as powerful as master windu"

I thought Cody should have felt a little more guilty at being told to kill obi wan.

also episode II the kaminos tell obi wan something like "your army is very obedient" so when they're given the order by plapatine there'd be no guilt, they'd just do as their told.

Yes but they are essentially human beings. It doesn't matter how much conditioning they have undergone, there would still be some sense of turmoil in his mind. I think he should have kept his helmet off so you could see his face as he ordered the guy to fire, I was just looking for a little regret thats all.

I don't believe Palpatine let him get one up on him so that he could turn anakin' date=' it doesn't make any sense because anakin only arrives after windu has palpatine on the ropes. [/quote']

i think windu did kick his ass that way and palpatine used the situation to his advantage, by pretending that all his force lightening power had run out and he was weaker than he actually was to manipulate anakin.

I liked the little padawan valiant last stand outside the temple with senator organa looking on. He died like a king.

played by george lucas' adopted son, jett lucas.

I'm more looking forward to sin city though.

damn right. all the previews and trailers just look amazing. elijah wood looks terrifying as kevin.

i'd say palpatine knew anakin was coming. he was obviously well connected with anakin and could sense him and his moods well.

as for cody, he is a clone of jango fett after all. not the most moral of humans anyway, plus you have to remember that palpatine is a very manipulative and powerful sith. an order from him is hard to resist i'd imagine.

Guest Logan

I thought the reason the clone troopers were so obient to Order 66 is because it was built into their programming (seeing as the clone troopers are the idea of Palpatine). That's what I got from that.

I just want to know why Obi-Wan says "Don't seem to remember ever owning a droid before" In this movie he always talks to Artoo. It's only 17 years, surely he'd remember a droid he's just spent the last 13 years with.

And also, he says "I haven't gone by the name Obi-Wan since, oh before you were born" Surely he was known as Obi Wan when Luke was born??

I just want to know why Obi-Wan says "Don't seem to remember ever owning a droid before" In this movie he always talks to Artoo. It's only 17 years' date=' surely he'd remember a droid he's just spent the last 13 years with.

And also, he says "I haven't gone by the name Obi-Wan since, oh before you were born" Surely he was known as Obi Wan when Luke was born??[/quote']

I think it shows that Obi-Wan is a mental old fool by the time Luke meets him.

Hey, does anyone else love the star wars kid?

The Original

Re-mastered Edition

A New Hope

Psycho

but as soon as obi wan delivered the baby to owen and beru he became a hermit so it's fair for him to say 'since before you were born'. also don't think of a droid as a person, most of the time they are there to assist in an electronic capacity. would you remember a pc your friend owned 17 years later(r2 was anakin's droid in the latest film and i'm sure in earlier ones too)? plus, lets not get too carried away with the over analysing eh? there was always gonna be a few nitpicky things and we're getting dangerously close to "and why wasn't the black bit on anakin's lightsaber in the same spot as on lukes in a new hope? did obi wan switch them?" or something. all the major loose ends were tied up nicely and i'm sure lucas didn't pour over every line of dialogue from the original trilogy just to make sure he wasn't caught out by a bunch of aberdonian star wars fans, he had a lot more important things to do i'm sure.

I just want to know why Obi-Wan says "Don't seem to remember ever owning a droid before" In this movie he always talks to Artoo. It's only 17 years' date=' surely he'd remember a droid he's just spent the last 13 years with.

And also, he says "I haven't gone by the name Obi-Wan since, oh before you were born" Surely he was known as Obi Wan when Luke was born??[/quote']

"it is the truth... from a certain point of view."

obi wan never owned R2 and to hide his jedi identity following the purge, he changes his name back to Ben Kenobi.

so possibly he told luke what he did, in order to protect him in a way.

was part of his training no discovering things by himself?

i mean it'd be pretty shitty if right after saving him from the tuskans he said " oh by the way, vader is your father, me and that droid fought together during the clone wars and leia is your sister."

Couldn't be arsed reading the whole seven-page tribute to Nerd-dom (although I'll bet large sums A Go Go is right through the middle of it), but I kinda liked it when I saw it the other night. Its not as pant-shittingly ace as the first page of this tread implies, but an enjoyable film none the less. Few problems with it:

1) The acting. Oh fuck ME, it was AWFUL at times! If Samuel L Jackson is so terrible, how were any of the others going to hold up? Natalie P and Christian H need SERIOUS help...

2) The plot stick. My head hurts from being bashed over the head so hard with it.

3) The fucking "I have the higher ground" final fight. Soory, advantages of height and numbers made FUCK ALL difference at any other pojnt during the film, then suddenly its the most important thaing IN THE WORLD. Bit poo..

4) The Jedi deaths - fucking hell, they could take whole ARMIES ten minutes ago, now it only take two stormtroopers and its all over. Pish!

Anyhoo, minor quibbles - it was much better than I +II, but it could hardly have been worse.

the higher ground thing matters because obi wan and anakin know each others fighting styles so well, nothing was going to seperate them until obi wan had a height advatage. and there was nowhere for anakin to go except to a position where obi wan would be above him thus giving him the advantage in the fight. in any fight if you have the higher ground you have the advantag. the person on the lower ground has to stretch to attack and opens themselves up to the stronger downswings from the person above i guess.

the acting wasn't that bad. plus i hate when people use that to attack the new star wars films, i mean the first three weren't exactly oscar winning performances either.

Guest tv tanned
the acting wasn't that bad. plus i hate when people use that to attack the new star wars films' date=' i mean the first three weren't exactly oscar winning performances either.[/quote']

Alec Guinness was nominated for Best Supporting Actor for Episode IV

in any fight if you have the higher ground you have the advantag. the person on the lower ground has to stretch to attack and opens themselves up to the stronger downswings from the person above i guess.

I may be mistaken' date=' but wasn't Anakin ABOVE Obi Wan when he got his legs chopped off? I know traditionally the higher ground has the advantage, but it seemed such a tiny distinction toi make after all the massive battles so far with or without said advantages...

the acting wasn't that bad. plus i hate when people use that to attack the new star wars films, i mean the first three weren't exactly oscar winning performances either.

The acting was fucking pant-wettingly AWFUL at times, but they were given fuck all to work with most of the time. Anakin and Padme are the easy targets (I nearly vomited with disgust at one stage - "You. Are. So. Beautiful."), but Samuel L, usually ace, had some cringe-tastic moments. The first three filsm were at least competant.

my point being that the only reason it was mattered was because they were so even as fighters, it was a stalemate without the higher ground. and yes anakin was above him but he was performing a force sumersault at the time, not the most defensive of positions.

as for the acting, i guess i liked it you didn't. i still think you're being unduly harsh on what was an ace fun star wars film which was easily up there with empire.