aberdeen-music

XBox 360

You... are the colony.

Yeah, I downloaded the "welcome to xbox 360" promotional video.

I like how the unit is designed like an inhale. *inhales*

The changeable face plates and the whole 360 guide thing seem a bit panny.

At least it's quite attractive, prettier than an xbox. It seems rather girl friendly.

The trouble with the next gen consoles is that the games are said to be comming out at a duel price scheme, with 'top tier' titles retailing at 59.99, and the lower tier at 44.99. It has been suggested that this could be just Sony and Microsoft that are going to do this, and personally I cannot see Nintendo pricing software that highly, as lately their attitude is to give the consumer as much value as possibile.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
i've got a copy of columns for the megadrive in its original box' date=' with its original price sticker on it. 49.99!! that's value for you!!

spoons

/x[/quote']

Blimey, fifty quid? Great game though, especially the music. Nowadays you can get it for two quid.

Guest Gasss

Didn't some sort of quango lobby the games industry in the UK to reduce prices a few years ago? I remember this was at the time of 65 16 bit games and even 75 for virtua racing on the Megadrive. Consequently all games went down to 40 or less. Has this been forgotten about? (apart from partially by me).

BTW my neo geo pad didn't work. At least not with the PS2 to Xbox converter I have.

I lose :down:

Guest Gasss
I'd pay 60 for the graphics alone...some of the vids are just awesom! Like a million hot dogs.

NO!!

that's what they want.

The PS3 and 360 don't seem to offer any expansion of gameplay, just better graphics and online capabilities. The "HD era" can fuck off as far as I am concerned. I resent Microsofts plans to turn the online gaming community into a market by allowing gamers to exchange their own custom artwork/music/level designs for a small (but not negligible in my mind) fee. I guess it is inevitable somehow.

I hope the Revolution does end up offering something genuinely new and exciting. Or else we'll all be paying 180 in ten years time for Need For Speed Underground: Rehash.

NO!!

that's what they want.

The PS3 and 360 don't seem to offer any expansion of gameplay' date=' just better graphics and online capabilities. The "HD era" can fuck off as far as I am concerned. I resent Microsofts plans to turn the online gaming community into a market by allowing gamers to exchange their own custom artwork/music/level designs for a small (but not negligible in my mind) fee. I guess it is inevitable somehow.

I hope the Revolution does end up offering something genuinely new and exciting. Or else we'll all be paying 180 in ten years time for Need For Speed Underground: Rehash.[/quote']

Agreed. :cheers:

Guest Logan

Did anyone see the XBOX 360 show on MTV on Friday? I appeared to have missed it. Bollox.

The new console looks spiffing! Very sleek and stylish, will it have a place in my heart as deep as my XBRICK? And will it also burn a hole in my pocket as deep as the 300 I paid for the XBOX on it's first day of release? Only time will tell. Christmas time infact, as that's when it appears to go on worldwide release......they say.

The PS3 and 360 don't seem to offer any expansion of gameplay.

Sure they can. Imagine with all that extra power how much further they can push AI characters and physics engines. It is bound to have a profound effect on game play. As someone stated before it used to be 50 for mega drive games and I seem to recall some PS1 titles retailed at 49.99 when launched. If there is a substantial increase in quality then 60 may be an ok starting point. It's bound to drop.

Also I've heard that the machines themselves wouldn't be overly pricey. This would tend to suggest that the increase in the price of games is designed to offset this. Just like buying a printer...you pay less than it is worth for some Ink Jets and then to make the money back, the companies charge more for the ink...

they've switched from a cisc to a risc processor i think. different manufacturers for a lot of parts. it's not looking promising because apparently backwards compatibility could cause microsoft to give away a lot of trade secrets to the likes of apple who use risc processors. it'd effectively show a super-efficient way of running pc stuff on macs and although u already have ways of doing that, apparently it's making them apprehensive.

/x