aberdeen-music

Lucifer and Weapon tonight in drummonds

The Milner

Well what did everyone think?

The first band (i cant remember their name right now) were awesome i thought an amazing band with some great songs.

Lucifer impressed me a lot tonight compared to (and i told jonny this as i left) when i seen them in the moorings i really didnt enjoy them that night but tonight they had a great presence and on hearing again some of the songs are pretty damm good, jonny is a good front man as well.

Weapon were as solid as ever and the new song is a nice new direction from them.

Highlight of the night was when ben said "a big thanks to the two support bands for tonight" after what jonny had said on stage that made me laugh a lot.

Good night overall tho great value for my 3!!

I'd agree with the value for money point.

Secret's We've Told were really good, good singer, good drummer and some catchy parts as well.

Radio Lucifer I didn't like at all, just not my thing.

Good presence, good frontman; but pretty monotonous songs and the singer seemed to fancy himself a bit much for my liking. Like I say, the attitude, the songs, just nae my thing at all.

Weapon I felt were far superior to Radio Lucifer.

Intro and new song sounding cool, quite different to the other songs, which is cool.

....Rock n Roll remains a classic, and the songs off Kill were really powerful, particularly The Forgotten which was just plain awesome.

Ben and Jamesy's vocals are both considerably better now, immense drumming and Dan's guitar playing was as strong as ever.

Overall, I had a really good time, three contrasting bands, all of them good at what they're doing. We need more gigs like this.

i have to admit i enjoyed myself a lot last night, all 3 bands were great. I was impressed with Radio Lucifer musically this time compared to the last time i saw them, i'm still not a fan of Chris's vocals, but there again i never have been really, but visually he is a good frontman.

I loved the guitarist from Secrets.... guitar tone it was amazing, they were a joy to watch too.

Weapon were what they always are, an impressively tight consistant unit with great songs. Only criticism was that they weren't loud enough, new song was ace tho.

:D

Cheers to all that came along, 'specially the folks that ordinarily wouldn't have probably come to see us, whether ya liked it not - cheers for giving us a try anyways. I had a fucking ace time! It was a great night, good atmos and good banter. Secrets We've Told were great, seen them play better; but looks like they've made a few new friends. The Weapon were tighter than a weegie pensioner, Nick is fucking phenomenal drummer. I will admit that my voice got a fucked towards the end of our set, round about the time Robb stood on my fucking head, coincidentally. Also - if we played longer, doesn't that technically make us the "headliners" and MMw were "playing last"? ;)

I enjoyed the gig. Missed the first band as I was late home from work.

First time i'd seen RL and they had some cool songs. Would have to see them again to appreciate them more I reckon, but I enjoyed them.

Weapon were on form too, seem to get better with every show. New tune sounded decent and they had a good stage prescence.

All in all, a good night (and there were lots of hotties walking down Belmont Street after the gig).

fookin' ace photos.

Secrets We've Told were awesome. Some great guitar riffs and melodies and the singers voice was pretty awesome.

Probably most energetic i've seen Radio Lucifer-a real guitar onslaught.

Only caught the first 3 weapon songs but the new song is pretty cool.

Guest stuartmaxwell
Wasn't at the gig but if the quality of the pictures are anything to go by it looked like a good night.

how about actually going to gigs rather than posting about what you thought it might be like

WANKER!