aberdeen-music

Concepts

Len Atom

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Erskine Atom:

Holy shit you like Hammerfall. Just one thing to say..."Hearts on fire, Hearts on fire, Burning burning with desire." That is some powerfull lyrics for ya right there... Oh hang on there're bollocks!

Oh and Iced Earth do suck.

But then again...are you EVER goin to find a better party song than hearts on fire? ....me thinks not

HAHAHAHAHA! That is a pretty fromagey album....

I bought it in France nearly 4 years ago! The first proper track is quite good but it's not that great an album.

For fucks sake they called it Demons and Wizards!

Oh, and yeah "The Oddessey" by Symphony X is probably my favourite prog album ever! Awesome.

Guest Scorge Spike

Demons And Wizards suck the gorilla's proverbial baws.

Blind Guardian's best song is 'Valhalla'. They haven't actually made a really good 'album' that I've heard, though.

And Symphony X's 'The Odyssey' is probably the best prog metal album. They sound much better live, though.

Guest Scorge Spike
Originally posted by Foreskin Ninja:

Get "Tales from the Twilight World", it's an album.

Heard it. Good, but not quite great.

Originally posted by Mouse:

a Stratovarious album

I was quite tempted to put down 'Fright Night' - it's got similar themes, but it's not quite a concept album. Difference to it and any BG album is that it's actually great.

Originally posted by bryn:

Not really listened to much 'prog metal'. heard some opeth if thats wats wat ur talkin bout, any on advice where to start?

My personal advice is to maybe listen to it once in a while but be careful. You will either find it sends you insane or that you love it too much and end up buying loads of albums by bands with very silly names indeed. I will also add that they will probably have silly hair and come from scandinavia. Not that any of this is a bad thing, I'm not prejuduced I've just seen people go down this road, (Len,) and believe me it's a rocky one!

Maybe I'm just a bit too straight but I like it in my world where most bars keep the same timing as the ones preceeding it, (not that I don't like a bit of 6/8 when it's necessary or even a bit of 9/8,) and the tunes last less than half an hour a piece.

Take care and heed my words...There be danger in them CDs.

Keep rockin!

P.S. No offence you proggy bastards!

:rockon:

for a concept album try Avantasia - the metal opera.

theres a story in the booklet (nice fantasy job) and all the songs are different characters parts of the story (its got lots of singers from different bands) some are the story, some are what was going thruogh the characters minds in that part...

its full of kickass songs anyway :D

David

Sounds a bit like the prog musical Leonardo - The Absolute Man. It featured James Labrie as the popular ninja turtle hero. There's some good tunes on it and it's relatively bearable if you're into musicals and prog. If you're like Erskine though, you may prefer to have a family of puffer fish forced down your japs eye instead.

By the way, this is Len. For some unknown or extremely obvious reason, I can't post messages with my usual screen name. Until I learn what the problem, I'm going to insult Erskine's taste in music from a far, ie. Angie's computer.

Feel free to join in

Okay, we've a take a few decisions regarding the album. It's going to be a 2-disc opus of 150 30-second songs linked in concept by the popular cartoon 'Clifford the big red dog'. Rass and Erskine will be writing all the songs and our new stage outfits are going to consist of pyjamas and eye-patches, and when we are nearly finished our set an enormous robotic clifford is going to storm the stage and we're going to kill and eat him. All true!