aberdeen-music

Concepts

Len Atom

What are your opinions regarding concept albums or songs with similiar themes? Some of my favourite albums are Metropolis Pt.2 by Dream Theater and Blaze's Tenth Dimension. I like the way that themes and melodies can be recycled, rearranged and reintroduced over songs. It gives a sense of connection which appeals to me.

It could be argued that it shows a lack of invention by hashing out similiar material, but what do you think and what are your favourites?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Scorge Spike

Symphony X are a must see band. They were probably fractonally better than Dream Theater, actually. :D

And the entire SSOASS album for a future gig? We can but dream.......

Originally posted by Mac Atom:

Bowk :puke:

It's utterly YUBBISH - you can quote me on that, and Len for that matter. He adds that the second disk is alright though :angel:

Unbelievable Mac!! You seriously don't like it?

New vocalist is none too shabby at all, and great songs on there like Declaration Day, Attila, Gettysburg,etc, etc! It just all round rules!!

Now they just have to play Bloodstock '04 along side Hammerfall!

i'm going to back y'all up on the general poop-ness of the glorious burden, not coz your all my bandmates, just because i heard so much about the album being ace and a great return to form and about 3 songs in i was so utterly bored to tears, didn't enjoy it atall, poop poop poop

Guest Scorge Spike

My guess is that Doc only thinks the Glorious Burden is so good because his missus has been making him listen to lots of Blue lately. Poor sod. :D:p

I back up the consensus here - it's rather pants.

Originally posted by Erskine Atom:

Holy shit you like Hammerfall. Just one thing to say..."Hearts on fire, Hearts on fire, Burning burning with desire." That is some powerfull lyrics for ya right there... Oh hang on there're bollocks!

Oh and Iced Earth do suck.

Hammerfall are what metal is all about! Listen to the fucking riffs and guitars man!!

EG: ANYTHING off Renegade... The Champion, Living in Victory, Way of the Warrior, etc...

Or Legacy of Kings... Back to Back, Heeding the Call, At the end of the rainbow...

Or try Crimson Thunder... Trailblazers, etc...

Can't believe you don't like hammerfall erskine that is poor show!!

Originally posted by Scorge McBrain:I back up the consensus here - it's rather pants.

Tut Tut Tut :nono:

That is most definately a bad call Scorge!