Travis Barker

Joey Jordison

Phil Collins

or i could add John Petruci or even Dave Grohl

Phil Collins? :down:

Pick Withers

Charlie Watts

Erm... Animal out of The Muppets?

Well...I aint a drummer but I've been very impressed with the works of Neil Peart, Mike Portnoy and Niko McBrain...

...sometimes I'll hear something I really like by Randy Castillo, Brian Downey, Ed Warby or someone like that and it'll stick in my head for days, I like the little touches that stand out and make a song.

However every time I go see a real good jazz band I'm totally blown away by the drumming.

Guest Savant
No' date=' I thought it was more appropriate to have a guitar that really did sound like shit in my avatar.

But lets not hijack this, its a great thread.[/quote']

I'll assume it's an epiphone then :p

Phil Collins, no question. Can people get out of this lazy habit of assuming that because he had a crap solo career as a droopy balladeer that he was obviously a crap drummer in the 70s too. Just listen to Genesis' The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, or a Brand X album.

Both The Who and Led Zep asked him to drum for them by the way.

I'd chuck in Keith Moon for being so integral to The Who and for such a personality in his playing. And Ian Mosley, although I take the point about Mr Bloc Party!

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i think that he pioneered a style that so many people have ripped off, that it has just become the standard rock drum style. it's dull, and barker still plays it, except now he plays fake 'eclectic' drumming over the top now and then to try and throw everyone off.

Guest stuartmaxwell

todd trainer (shellac) - he has a style of his own, that has influenced many a band.

emil amos (grails) - i love the way he works his way around a kit, almost sweeping, very very quick, yet intricate

raga wu (lapsus linguae) - awesome player. self taught too. he has recently learned how to play double kick, having heard him practicing one day it was awesome.

EDIT- i actually know nothing about drums, but these are the drummers i enjoy listening to