aberdeen-music

65 Days of Static, fickle Public + copy Haho

KarmaTsunami

First visit to the tunnels so was quite surprised at how big it was when i got inside! Pretty full by time i got there too (about twenty past nine)

Missed most of Copy Haho's set but from what i heard they sounded quite decent, not really my kinda thing though but obviously nae bad at what they do

Fickle Public were really fucking good though! Nice and loud and also very um..pretty? parts too. Really enjoyed them and will endevour to check out any bill with them on it!

65 Days of Static were absolutely brilliant once again. If you weren't there then you are shit. 'Hole' and 'Retreat, Retreat!' were absolutely fucking awesome as was pretty much everything else they played. Worth the 5 alone...hopefully they'll be back around Autumn once the new records finished. Absolutely rocking! Something about them seems to get the oldoies dancing though.... :rockon:

Bloody good night, and still not over how good 65Dos were! :D:D

65 Days of Static were absolutely brilliant once again. If you weren't there then you are shit. 'Hole' and 'Retreat' date=' Retreat!' were absolutely fucking awesome as was pretty much everything else they played. [/quote']

yes, THANKYOU!!!

although most people were satisfied/blown away...i also remember 3 comments...'overindulgent'...'standard'...and the usual 'Mogwai rip off' reference...hmm, ah well, cant please everyone all of the time...! :rolleyes::p:

i thought they were brilliant though.... :D

Guest stuartmaxwell
'Mogwai rip off'

its fuck all like mogwai!

these people are fools, people seem to think that if a band plays instrumental music its a mogwai rip off

they know absolutely fuck all

whole world out there etc

:)

kinda wish i was more sober for 65days of static, as they didn't really blow me away. Drunkeness could have masked their brilliance though.

i still think the bass player was rubbish. but thats only my opinion, and that counts for fuck all.

Copy Haho were ace, one of the best performances i've seen from them

Fickle were amazing as always, but it was probably the least tight version of "Courtney Cox....." that i'd heard from them. but thats the only negative point i could draw from their performance.

I didn't see what all the fuss was about personally. They were good but they weren't THAT good.

Same hear. I saw them at the Castlegate and thought they were okay. But its great to have subjectivity and free speech :D

Last night I went to the Nick Drake Ltree night instead and had an interesting time fending of a drunken gay man on the 23 bus, and then had a nice gig watching Jo Mango and the Nick Drake bloke. During the gig some strangers bought me a pint for letting them sit at my table.

I thought they were awesome.

I saw Mogwai at the Lemon Tree about 7 years ago and I can officially state that 65 days of static came closer than any band I have seen to producing the power that Mogwai did on that night.

Mogwai and 65dos have obvious, undeniable similarities, not just the fact that both are instrumental, but also the aggression, tension and abbrassive nature of the music, the struggle between calm and chaos and the intensity of the performers, not too mention the sheer volume.

Why is that a bad thing to compare them?

Guest stuartmaxwell

because most of the time mogwai lack any kind of emotiona pull in there songs

65days are electronically driven, its upbeat stuff, not downtempo like mogwai

mogwai is a different kettle of fish

Guest stuartmaxwell

however, i would say that "stop coming round to my house" and a few other mogwai songs carry it off with the true conviction.

i *do* like mogwai a lot, but i reckon there are many many more bands doing instrumental/post rock better

i thought they were really boring to be honest. I dunno what it was. Perhaps you have to know their songs first. Fickle Public were absolutely brilliant and a joy to watch. They played a really good set last night. The big surprise for me though was copy haho! They were fucking magic! I think I saw them play at Moshulu with Fickle last time they were up and they were dreadful, but they totally owned the stage. Until Fickle came on. The singer acts just like Thom Yorke on stage.

good gig!

Reuben tonight! Reasons are Red on Sunday. woop woo

All three bands were immense! I reckon it would be very hard to find a better night of live rock music going around Britian at the moment!

I'm very proud of myself that I had the confidence to dance like a twat at the front!

I think 65 Days are just an amazing live, although 'The Fall of Math' is great, I think they definitely come across better when they're on a stage!

bollocks.

Red Sparowes would kick wogwai's post rock ass.......

Cant comment on last nights gig because i have to give money priority to Manitoba and going to glasgow on monday....im sure last night was amazing....and i STILL havent seen Politik play as Copy_HaHo yet....boo rubbish on me.....

65 Days of Static were absolutely brilliant once again. If you weren't there then you are shit. :D

:( I am shit!! (I always half-knew it anyway!). I really wanted to go, especially after missing them at the Castlegate, but I had heaps of things to get done last night, and after I finished I was too knackered to go out :down:

it's okay! spoke to the lead guitar after the gig and it seems they'll be heading around again in the autumn after recording a new record! next time make no excuse!

still thought last night was a corker, it's a shame they didn't blow everyone away (i was speaking to shaz in retros today about it) but each to their own and all that. but if you didn't like them you are shit. :p