aberdeen-music

Sunday at The Moorings Bar

unbroken

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all bands were great' date='[b']sound was decent and a good atmosphere as well

I would say it's a little bit better than that, for all the farting around with soundchecks at the begining of each band i think you must admit it's certainly worth it.

I dont think i've heard A better LIVE sound anywhere.

Ok maybe on cd :D

I can't say I enjoyed all the bands but most of the night was good. The great deciever were certainly loud and low. Really powerfull. It was cool seeing Dave etc picking up the singer and carrying him around at the front. First time at gig in the Moorings and I really enjoyed it...I was driving so didn't have the oppertunity to sample any of the fine alchohol.

Don't forget Rentokill! Rentokill' date=' Goldblade, and The Great Deceiver were all on par.

I think the lighting rig has made a big difference.[/quote']

I sadly missed Rentokill and Goldblade was ace I'll admit. I think you might've hit the nail on the head with the lights comment there though- just adds that extra bit of atmosphere :)

Yeah, this gig was brilliant, definitely one of the best this year.

Seen Filthpact for the first time, fucking impressed, and managed to squeeze some money for the Atomgevitter split- we need to get a Filthpact/Atomgevitter gig up here!

Allergo were as strong, if not stronger than when I seen them in Moshulu a while back, put on a good show.

We Shall Be Blessed- first gig?! I'd definitely go see them again, even though I thought the vocalist spoke too much between songs (maybe because of lack of songs?), can only see their sound getting better as time goes on.

Didn't stay for the Great Deciever because I had to go and catch a bus, but from the comments here, I wish I had.....

I'm a cunt...

hopefully will be able to organise Filthpact/Atomgevitter gig sometime. I've no idea how many split 7"s we sold. but there shall be more. Whoever bought them was lucky enough to get tour edition covers. "4298 Thrash EP"!!!

cheers to everyone that came along.

Cheers Flash for leeting us have the gig on a Sunday, and letting me arse about all the time.

and cheers especially to Kirk and GFN? for takign a risk at booking this gig. It was a big yin I reckon but seems to have payed off. Well gid!

I thought all the bands played very well.

The Great Deceiver were a class above, the vocals were sheer brilliance. Any HXC bands that believe they can get away with simply screaming and straining their throats into the mic need to listen to someone like Thomas who really sings in tune and with real melody. I could make out every word of the lyrics. Yet it still sounded HARD. Amazing. And the music had incredible depth and structure to it. I akso liked how the songs were played at a relatively slow tempo, it was possible to hear a lot more and the extra clarity was much easier on the ears. They had their sound down to a T, the guitar sound and snare sound were nothing short of awesome. Would love to have them back.

I though Flithpact played much better with their clothes on. Last night they were stunning and I thoroughly enjoyed them.

The other 2 bands were a little to hardcore for my taste but they certainly put on a good show and were a joy to work with.

Personally I would prefer to see much more mixed line ups. And I mean really properly mixed. A lot of people that could be converted to bands like The Great Deceiver if they were broken in gently.

Thanks to everyone who came along for a great night.

this was a good gig' date=' i think. missed we shall be blessed but the rest was fantastic. filthpact/atomgevitter 7" is damn good also. thanks to gfn for putting this gig on, and to that guy taht pulled me off the floor a coupla times[/quote']

There is always next time....

I thought all the bands played very well.

The Great Deceiver were a class above' date=' the vocals were sheer brilliance. Any HXC bands that believe they can get away with simply screaming and straining their throats into the mic need to listen to someone like Thomas who really sings in tune and with real melody. I could make out every word of the lyrics. Yet it still sounded HARD. Amazing. And the music had incredible depth and structure to it. I akso liked how the songs were played at a relatively slow tempo, it was possible to hear a lot more and the extra clarity was much easier on the ears. They had their sound down to a T, the guitar sound and snare sound were nothing short of awesome. Would love to have them back.

I though Flithpact played much better with their clothes on. Last night they were stunning and I thoroughly enjoyed them.

The other 2 bands were a little to hardcore for my taste but they certainly put on a good show and were a joy to work with.

Personally I would prefer to see much more mixed line ups. And I mean really properly mixed. A lot of people that could be converted to bands like The Great Deceiver if they were broken in gently.

Thanks to everyone who came along for a great night.[/quote']

Just for the record...

If you were talking about us, we are not a hardcore band...

Don't want to give anyone who never saw us last night an idea of what we are like before they hear us...

But at least you were honest...

Thanks for having us....

Just for the record it wasn't. My comments were about The Great Deceiver, and specifically regarding Tomas' considerable vocal talents.

Should I ever write about you then your band name will feature more prominantly!

Just for the record...

If you were talking about us' date=' we are not a hardcore band...

Don't want to give anyone who never saw us last night an idea of what we are like before they hear us...

But at least you were honest...

Thanks for having us....[/quote']

Just for the record it wasn't. My comments were about The Great Deceiver' date=' and specifically regarding Tomas' considerable vocal talents.

[/quote']

Flash, you said the other 2 bands, which would include We Shall Be Blessed, were too hardcore. That's what he was referring to.

Did I type "THEY WERE HXC". Err nope!

I used the term 'hardcore' meaning their music was too hard and heavy for my tastes... as opposed to they took all their clothes off and performed sex acts with dogs or whatever... WAIT that's usually Filthpact :)

I'm still pissed off at the word 'gay' not meaning happy any more - let alone prepared to surrender exclusive use of 'hardcore' to some musical genre.

If you're still unhappy then tell me what to type and I'll edit it in. Just fill in the blank:

They were too _______________________________ for my tastes. No more than 2 words please.