aberdeen-music

So, the 50 Greatest Comedy Sketches...

Guest tv tanned

"Yes Baldrick my ambitions stretch further than professional idiocy in West London"

Any programme containing this line should certainly be in the top 50!

Also, "I find Charlie Chaplin about as funny as getting an arrow through my neck, and then discovering that there's a gas bill attached to it."

"I thought the war started because a man called Archie Duke shot an ostrich because he was hungry."

"Was the man who burned Jean of Arc simply wasting good matches?"

Enthusiastic and friendly Frenchman: "Aaaahh, bonjour monsieur!"

Blackadder: "Sod off."

Also, Lord Flasheart is a classic character.

I was pleased to see the masterchef sketch from reeves and mortimer included, as I hadn't seen it for ages! Also the newman and badiel 'Thats you that is' sketch is ace. I had totally forgotton about them, but now I'm going to look for my old video of them live and watch it again.

I would agree that Little Britain should have not been in it, but League of Gentlemen and Bo selecta are funny, and earned their inclusion in the rundown. Also good to see Harry Enfield with plenty of recognition, as he often is overshadowed by the still funny, but inferior fast show.

here here, we are inundated with these bloody lists, i mean whats the point? we could argue all day about whats funny and whats not, its all down to individual taste at the end of the day....

sorry for pointing out the bleeding obvious...

I wouldn't say League of gentleman and the day today are sketch shows either.

er, yes they are. just with a more imaginative format. and a 'theme'. league of gentleman certainly is. it started out as a sketches on stage and they performed them in tuxedos. when they went to tv they had to make it more interesting so decided to set them all in a bizarre village.

i really don't get why people are so down on little britain. it's fucking genius. you're just a bunch of comedy snobs. okay maybe not number 1 but andy and lou are fucking funny, the only reason people don't like it is cause every prick and their mate gets drunk and goes 'yer, i know' and spoils it.

word.

i really don't get why people are so down on little britain. it's fucking genius. you're just a bunch of comedy snobs. okay maybe not number 1 but andy and lou are fucking funny' date=' the only reason people don't like it is cause every prick and their mate gets drunk and goes 'yer, i know' and spoils it.

word.[/quote']

Nah, it's just repetitive, boring and predictable. I group together with bland comedies like My Family.

here here' date=' we are inundated with these bloody lists, i mean whats the point? we could argue all day about whats funny and whats not, its all down to individual taste at the end of the day....

sorry for pointing out the bleeding obvious...[/quote']

God you are really going through a conciliatory phase! :D