aberdeen-music

Quick lesson for you all...

Guest Cowboy Dan

Guest Cowboy Dan

"Your"

1. Used as a modifier before a noun: your boots; your accomplishments.

2. A person's; one's: The light switch is on your right.

3. Informal. Used with little or no sense of possession to indicate a type familiar to the listener: your basic three-story frame house.

"You're"

Contraction of you are.

I learnt this in primary school, how come there are still fully grown men on this board who make this error constantly?

Guest Zeenat Aman
Fuck off you smarmy know it all poof assed mother fucker. Get a grip and stop being such a child. Who gives a flying fuck if someone makes an error in their grammar or spelling. Stop being such a prick and get a life.

Yeah you're/your(??????) right man, go Phil!!!

:D

to be fair, it pisses me off quite a bit when people make mistakes like that though. but then, that just comes from being an english student and having such things drilled into my head. i guess it's not so important on a message board, it wouldn't bother me so much to make a thread about it, but still, nice to know i'm not the only one to notice such things.

Guest Cowboy Dan

Also

"Their"

Used as a modifier before a noun: their accomplishments; their home town.

"There"

adv.

1. At or in that place: sit over there.

2. To, into, or toward that place: wouldn't go there again.

3. At that stage, moment, or point: Stop there before you make any more mistakes.

4. In that matter: I can't agree with him there.

"They're"

Contraction of they are.

To be fair what annoys me most is arrogant wankers who think they know it all. But what pleases me most is that those self-same guys/gals will most likely end up getting whats coming to them sooner or later either by someone giving them the hiding of their sad pathetic life or via a total wake-up call when they realise that in the grand scheme of things they will never be anything more than just a mild irritance to most people and will have little or no impact on the majority of people who's paths they cross.

Give it up Sam you tosser, i've been told by a few folk that you really aren't as bad in real life as you are on here, but i'm really finding that hard to believe.

Guest Cowboy Dan
your having a bad day at work today' date=' which probably means you have a higher chance of having a good day tomorrow![/quote']

You did that on purpose of course...

Guest Cowboy Dan
you can never be sure if a thread's just taking the piss or not but that said' date=' it's just a message board. i'm pretty sure people don't apply the same grammar etc. to a letter or essay...[/quote']

I 100% disagree with that, and believe that people will make the same mistakes wherever they write.

I think we're all forgetting fundamental human error either through lapses of concentration or through tiredness, and also through speed of typing. Some things are quicker to type i.e 'your' is quicker to type than 'you're' or 'you are'. Can tho holier-than-thou amongst us really say that they've never made a spelling mistake in their lives?