aberdeen-music

The Pope - I believe his time aint long

Guest Zeenat Aman

To be honest i don't know the technical ins and outs of the process of electing a new pope but you'll surely find it easily in a newspaper or new website. It's not exactly a transparent method of election as far as i know' date=' but it's not for the mob to decide who the pope should be. And yes the church is i believe opposed to all forms of birth control. As for what you said about Islamophobia, that seems a valid but but i guess what i'm getting at is that people who think they are liberal and tolerant are often very highly critical of catholicism where as they are scared to say anything they see wrong with other religions so as to not seem bigoted or intolerant.[/quote']

Well I'm not scared to criticise other faiths, and I'm neither intolerant nor a bigot.

It's just that in the thread about the pope, I thought Catholicism was the most obvious one to discuss.

Is the pope a Catholic? :p

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you too can be a pope

or if you cant be bothered (you will have to scroll down loads on the link)

THE BEARER OF THIS CARD

IS A GENUINE AND AUTHORIZED

~ POPE ~

So please Treat Him Right

GOOD FOREVER

Genuine and authorized by The House of Apostles of ERIS

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every man, woman and child on this Earth is a genuine and authorized Pope

Reproduce and distribute these cards freely- POEE Head Temple, San Francisco

A =POPE= is someone who is not under the authority of the authorities.

Well I'm not scared to criticise other faiths' date=' and I'm neither intolerant nor a bigot.

It's just that in the thread about the pope, I thought Catholicism was the most obvious one to discuss.

Is the pope a Catholic? :p[/quote']

Well the thread is about the Pope's death not a discussion of the validity of the Catholic faith.

*continues coat-getting standard*

Older folks might remember how they chose John's successor in Blue Peter..."Opportunity Noakes".

Even older ones will look back fondly on the battle to be Perky's replacement..."Pig Brother".

Or the auditions for extras to play 'ents' in the Lord of the Rings (they had to promise not to shag any of the other actors)...it was called "I'm a celibate tree...get me out of here".

*opens coat surplus store*

(apologies...I added this post before I realised there was another page to read)