aberdeen-music

The Pope - I believe his time aint long

Guest Zeenat Aman

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is true.

Much of what the Catholic Church preaches equates to severe bigotry at times.

Any organisation that tells people in AIDS ravaged countries not to use condoms, decries gays and does not allow female priests needs to get a fucking grip in my opinion.

Things have changed a little since the stone age, and I feel that it might just be time for major religions to start changing with them.

This is true.

Any organisation that tells people in AIDS ravaged countries not to use condoms' date=' decries gays and does not allow female priests needs to get a fucking grip in my opinion.

Things have changed a little since the stone age, and I feel that it might just be time for major religions to start changing with them.[/quote']

well said Callum

When i was at a house party friday night/saturday morning, and i mistakenly believed he had already died, folks were asking me why i was so happy.

Apart from being so pissed that I was grinning like a moron anyway, i had to explain how this guy leads people on into what i reckon to be a purely false belief so the 'weaker' people have some intangible stronger thing to attatch themselves to.

Thats why i dont like him

Conservative leader Michael Howard said that he had been a "very great spiritual leader. The deep sense of loss felt by Catholics at the passing of the Pope will be shared by many millions more, of other faiths and of none," he said.

"In a world of change and uncertainty, people saw him as a rock: steadfast in support of freedom, unswerving in opposition to totalitarianism, robust in defence of Christian values. The Catholic Church has lost a truly remarkable Pope, and the world a very great spiritual leader."

This is true.

Any organisation that tells people in AIDS ravaged countries not to use condoms' date=' decries gays and does not allow female priests needs to get a fucking grip in my opinion.

Things have changed a little since the stone age, and I feel that it might just be time for major religions to start changing with them.[/quote']

Well then maybe you should show some bloody respect for a Pope who in many ways modernised the Catholic church.

Well then maybe you should show some bloody respect for a Pope who in many ways modernised the Catholic church.

lol by telling people in AIDS ravaged countries not to use condoms, decries gays and does not allow female priests. Are you fucking mad???

Modernised? From Stone to Bronze?

lol by telling people in AIDS ravaged countries not to use condoms' date=' decries gays and does not allow female priests. Are you fucking mad???

Modernised? From Stone to Bronze?[/quote']

You said that not me. And even if that is your opinion, would it be better for it to still be in the stone age?

You said that not me. And even if that is your opinion' date=' would it be better for it to still be in the stone age?[/quote']

Its not my opinion, its the way it is! AIDS did not exist 30 years ago. The Pope did not modernise his views to accomodate this...fact

What? The world changes? :ding:

My tongue was slightly in cheek' date='jeez, did you actually take that serious?! :laughing:[/quote']

By saying grow up i was obviously having a dig at your childish sense of humour which would suggest i wasn't taking seriously. Regardless of what anyone here thinks of the pope, he was clearly not an evil man and clearly made of better stuff than the majority of human beings to have ever lived and even then you should show some respect towards people of the catholic faith (which i am not ashamed to admit i am). It sickens me the way it will always be okay for people to be totally disrespectful to catholics. If the leader of any of the other main religions died people would be far more respectful, a fact anyone would be a fucking idiot to dispute.

I've also not deducted any scene points from you as you seem to think, but the fact that you said "only down to 81" is possibly the most cringeworthy thing i've ever read.

By saying grow up i was obviously having a dig at your childish sense of humour which would suggest i wasn't taking seriously. Regardless of what anyone here thinks of the pope' date=' he was clearly not an evil man and clearly made of better stuff than the majority of human beings to have ever lived and even then you should show some respect towards people of the catholic faith (which i am not ashamed to admit i am). It sickens me the way it will always be okay for people to be totally disrespectful to catholics. If the leader of any of the other main religions died people would be far more respectful, a fact anyone would be a fucking idiot to dispute.

I've also not deducted any scene points from you as you seem to think, but the fact that you said "only down to 81" is possibly the most cringeworthy thing i've ever read.[/quote']

Dont get the irony that I gave you a positive scene point because I actually respect your views but may not agree on them?

Please explain the Aids/contraception thing? Was the Pope not educated on the birds and the bees? Especially in Africa! Was he going to stop people fucking?

What about girls who are raped and have to give birth in 3rd world Catholic countries? Yeah, thats fair....

Dont get the irony that I gave you a positive scene point because I actually respect your views but may not agree on them?

Please explain the Aids/contraception thing? Was the Pope not educated on the birds and the bees? Especially in Africa! Was he going to stop people fucking?

What about girls who are raped and have to give birth in 3rd world Catholic countries? Yeah' date=' thats fair....[/quote']

Excuse me, i never claimed to agree with the catholic church's views on everything, and especially not on contraception, abortion and homosexuals. I find the church's stance on these matters to be far too extreme, although i generally oppose abortion as it is abused by ammoral people resulting in unneccessary termination of innocent life. Although in case of girls who are raped, of course i think abortion is okay. But this isn't about my personal beliefs, i just don't think you should be belittling and demeaning a man who, although not perfect, was a great man who meant a great deal to a lot of people. I mean, he had a major part to play in instigating the tearing down of the Berlin wall, bringing an end to totalitarian communist regimes in Eastern Europe and building bridges with other religions to try to create a more peaceful world. This is a man who, unlike the majority of catholics where he lived, fought to save the lives of Jews in Poland in WWII rather than acting oblivious to the atrocity going on around them. Could you so easily forgive someone if they shot you four times in an assination attempt? I'm not asking you to change your beliefs, just to show some repect for other peoples, which i guess you are suggesting you have done already.

Excuse me' date=' i never claimed to agree with the catholic church's views on everything, and especially not on contraception, abortion and homosexuals. I find the church's stance on these matters to be far too extreme, although i generally oppose abortion as it is abused by ammoral people resulting in unneccessary termination of innocent life. Although in case of girls who are raped, of course i think abortion is okay. But this isn't about my personal beliefs, i just don't think you should be belittling and demeaning a man who, although not perfect, was a great man who meant a great deal to a lot of people. I mean, he had a major part to play in instigating the tearing down of the Berlin wall, bringing an end to totalitarian communist regimes in Eastern Europe and building bridges with other religions to try to create a more peaceful world. This is a man who, unlike the majority of catholics where he lived, fought to save the lives of Jews in Poland in WWII rather than acting oblivious to the atrocity going on around them. Could you so easily forgive someone if they shot you four times in an assination attempt? I'm not asking you to change your beliefs, just to show some repect for other peoples, which i guess you are suggesting you have done already.[/quote']

Fair enough, I agree.

Heres a question, which may sound like Im seeking an arguement. Im not. This is truly just a question. So why are you Catholic if you dont agree on the views regarding contraception, abortion and homosexuals. These strike me as major issues within the Catholic community. Im sorry if I was offensive, long day and a bottle of red doesnt help

Guest Zeenat Aman
P.S I do not agree on an abortion as a way of contraception like the morning after pill.

So if you have an accident, ie burst condom, you'd rather wait till the fetus was growing before doing something about it?

So if you have an accident' date=' ie burst condom, you'd rather wait till the fetus was growing before doing something about it?[/quote']

No, Im meaning treating abortion like the morning after pill. I didnt convey my thought across well at all.

You shag, it goes wrong, get after pill (fine)

You wait a couple of months (not fine and unfair) in my view

Right' date=' in all seriousness, Koral Wojtyla did a hell of a lot of good in his life, and history will view him as a great hero. His efforts to save Jews and other "dissidents" from the holocaust are to be applauded. The courage he showed by visiting Poland while it was under Soviet oppression in 1979 was exceptional, and the ecumenical dialogue he initiated between the faiths of the world was unprecedented. Sure, he was ultra-conservative on contraception and euthanasia, but that simply mirrors the view of many catholics. The battles he fought against oppression and bigotry were his main agenda. May he rest in peace.[/quote']

You have a terrible habit of summing my thoughts in a much more articulate manner.