aberdeen-music

Black Atom, Man of the Hour & Everwicked - Warning: Metal Poses

Mac Atom

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twas a fun night!

Enjoyed the whole night although was fucking knackered by the last few songs... Pretty much all the songs we played averaged out at about 6 or 7 minutes' date=' except for word up and the quarter-of-an-hour melee that was borken alive/watcher combined!

Massive praise to the ever present atom hordes... reliable as ever :up:[/quote']

Just noticed I said 'BORKEN alive'... naturally I meant to say broken alive, but rather than edit my post I'll add this one in tribute to the fine Norweigen gents that purchased our album last night.

Mhmmn, nipped in quickly on the way home, caught about 2 Everwicked songs and about 20 minutes of MOTH.

Everwicked's sound was too muddy for my liking, but their songs seemed to work, should get better in time.

Man of the Hour were good at what they do, and their arrangements were good, but I didn't enjoy the songs so much, would probably go see them again though.

Didn't stick around for Atom because I suck....

Nah, just buses, plus the fact that I was alone etc. but I'm sure Atom were as strong as ever.

(From the cowboy hat-clad, unsociable looking child.... :rockon: )

Dude easy... just because I don't agree with your choice of cover?? It's a graphical representation of my feelings towards that song' date=' I personally (note: [b']in my opinion) think that it is out of place with the rest of the set, it doesn't seem to sit right at all. Please, I know not many people here have the fortitude to offer criticism to you, but this is my thoughts. It kinda degreades what is otherwise a very strong set - sure it's funny/a good laugh/etc, but for me, it doesn't work!

It isn't about the criticism... you don't play in a band for seven years and not learn how to take criticism (especially when your band is absolutely fucking rubbish for the first four or so years ;) ). It's about that fucking smiley. It just makes you seem really arrogant, now it's ok because I know who you are, but online it makes you seem like one of these people who refuses to see anybody elses opinions... in the best metal band thread we all agreed that opinion is subjective... Dayeth wasn't WRONG for saying Metallica are the best metal band, even if we don't agree with him. Likewise, you're not neccessarily right about Blind Guardian being amazing (nor am I right in saying they are shit)... it's not about that, it's about this smiley making you look as if you're telling everyone off for having their own opinion :nono: I'd just appreciate it if you wouldn't use it every other post :)

Personally? I was happy when we finally dropped it a year or so ago. But when we brought it back into the set for the moshulu covers affair, I enjoyed playing it again, particularly because Mac figured out a bunch more ace guitar parts which really make it more interesting. Plus the heavy bit we added in the middle is cool, when it kicks into the groove it's the heaviest bit of the set. So at the moment I'm enjoying it, but I wouldn't expect to hear it at every gig...

AH HA!!!! Now I know who you ALL are!!! :p

Dayeth and Demon... you were speaking to Hog when I came over to ask him where Scorge was' date=' and Cowboy hat I saw you too...

I was sat infront of Hog & Co wearing the Sonata Arctica shirt...[/quote']

not me :p

and calum, i know who you are so HA!

He thinks it's silly to laugh at your own jokes' date=' especially when those jokes are rubbish

:)

P.S. I've seen your band. Weren't very good like.[/quote']

Haha that's because you got hit in the face with a frying pan when you were little and your ears are now all mashed up - I saw you moshing to us with the rest of them Iced Earth boy.

But I'm series, we were in the room beside you guys - sounded like you just tried anal for the first time Jamesy!! Ouch!!

And I actually was laughing at your response to my joke, not the joke itself.

He shoots, he scores!