aberdeen-music

Black Atom, Man of the Hour & Everwicked - Warning: Metal Poses

Mac Atom

I was thinking Everwicked sounded rather Atomish too.

Do you and elsmudge actually have ears? Or do you think every metal band sounds like black atom? Its like saying that Rhapsody sound like Iron Maiden, which perhaps for someone who doesn't listen to metal is an understandable thing to say, but seeing as your a fan of atom I'll assume you listen to metal and that your just being narrow minded.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you and elsmudge actually have ears? Or do you think every metal band sounds like black atom? Its like saying that Rhapsody sound like Iron Maiden' date=' which perhaps for someone who doesn't listen to metal is an understandable thing to say, but seeing as your a fan of atom I'll assume you listen to metal and that your just being narrow minded.[/quote']

well, thats the way to get us to like you...

Any idea of the time each band will be on' date=' and the finishing time of the night? I know it says 8pm, but we all know what Drummonds are like for time.......[/quote']

Roughly.....

9:00 - 9:45 Everwicked

10:00 - 10:45 Man of the Hour

11:00 - 11:45 Black Atom

Hope thats cool, let's just hope we manage to maintain the interest of the "last bus home gang" ;)

it was fucking awesome... from what i heard

i am still sooo raged at having to leave right after fallen X( soooooo pissed off at stagecoach - I HATE BUSES!!!!!! its all good, the headbanging continued right onto union street hehe

i really like MOTH, they were awesome and Everwicked were also really cool

ah well, ill make up for lost time next time :p promise!

yeah was an alright, he's my thoughts:

Everwicked - Good stuff guys! I enjoyed your songs indeed, would love to play a gig with you guys and Mourning Star too - a night of extreme Power Metal! Sound wasn't too great though, the bass + drums seemed too loud and kinda drowned the guitars but otherwise good show!

Man of the Hour - not my style I must say, however their singer is fucking amazing. Great voice, great screams and grunts! Too bad all the songs sounded almost exactly the same... same chords/progression, hitting the same artificial harmonic every 4 seconds - just too repetitive i'm afraid.

Atom - cover of Word up... :nono: ! Like Willum said, get a Hanger 18 cover going instead! But otherwise, great set, very enjoyable and entertaining as always!

Guest Scorge Spike

Everwicked - Quite a bit of potential here, some neat bits in the songs, though there were too many slow bits for my liking! Competent musical unit (aside the vocals in the chorus of the last song), I reiterate Doc's wishes of sorting out a power metal frenzy.... :)

MOTH - Didn't think too highly of them at all.

Atom - Solid, but I thought the guitar sound was really horrible, and spoiled things slightly.

Not a bad evening, all told.

Twas a fun night!

Enjoyed the whole night although was fucking knackered by the last few songs... Pretty much all the songs we played averaged out at about 6 or 7 minutes, except for word up and the quarter-of-an-hour melee that was borken alive/watcher combined!

Massive praise to the ever present atom hordes... reliable as ever :up:

Atom - cover of Word up... :nono: !

Doc, do us all a favour and stop using that fucking smiley, it's condescending and makes you seem really full of yourself... it makes you seem like you think you're always right, and let's face it, none of us are :)

I was feeling utterly lousy yesterday, and I had a really sore throat, so I wasn't really looking forward to the gig that much. But when it arrived it actually went pretty well I thought, I was flagging slightly by Fight Not Won but still, it wasn't too bad. I have to apologise to the other two bands, I missed them both because I really was feeling utterly shit. I'm assured, however, that they were both ace :)

I've got to say that I'm not entirely sure what you meant about the guitar sound Scorge, I didn't notice anything amiss in that department.

The crowd fucking rocked, I say it every time but it's true, a gig is really made by the people who turn up to watch it, and your enthusiasm always lifts us to a higher level. All your clapping, chanting, shouting and moshing... we love it! :D Thanks again :)

Everwicked - Quite a bit of potential here' date=' some neat bits in the songs, though there were too many slow bits for my liking! Competent musical unit (aside the vocals in the chorus of the last song), I reiterate Doc's wishes of sorting out a power metal frenzy.... :)

MOTH - Didn't think too highly of them at all.

Atom - Solid, but I thought the guitar sound was really horrible, and spoiled things slightly.

Not a bad evening, all told.[/quote']

You're rubbish

Doc' date=' do us all a favour and stop using that fucking smiley, it's condescending and makes you seem really full of yourself... it makes you seem like you think you're always right, and let's face it, none of us are :)

I was feeling utterly lousy yesterday, and I had a really sore throat, so I wasn't really looking forward to the gig that much. But when it arrived it actually went pretty well I thought, I was flagging slightly by Fight Not Won but still, it wasn't too bad. I have to apologise to the other two bands, I missed them both because I really was feeling utterly shit. I'm assured, however, that they were both ace :)

I've got to say that I'm not entirely sure what you meant about the guitar sound Scorge, I didn't notice anything amiss in that department.

The crowd fucking rocked, I say it every time but it's true, a gig is really made by the people who turn up to watch it, and your enthusiasm always lifts us to a higher level. All your clapping, chanting, shouting and moshing... we love it! :D Thanks again :)[/quote']

Dude easy... just because I don't agree with your choice of cover?? It's a graphical representation of my feelings towards that song, I personally (note: in my opinion) think that it is out of place with the rest of the set, it doesn't seem to sit right at all. Please, I know not many people here have the fortitude to offer criticism to you, but this is my thoughts. It kinda degreades what is otherwise a very strong set - sure it's funny/a good laugh/etc, but for me, it doesn't work!

I think I know what Scorge is on about, the sound was kinda muddied but I think that is mainly the fault of the PA/where we were sitting...