aberdeen-music

Argfh. I hate maths!

Fluffy

Iv got a job interview on friday except part of the interview involves a short maths test (finding the percentages of things)

my main big horrid weakness is maths!

i am trying to do a crash course in it but i keep fading out.... not helping.

anyone else have any weaknesses they like to hide?

God i hated maths. They used to give us a double period of it first thing in the morning on mondays, tuesdays and fridays. I just think thats plain unhealthy. Would it not make sense to help students become more awake by giving them a subject they enjoy? Then perhaps break them in gently to maths in the afternoon... I always thought a double period of maths was pure hell. Nothing worse! Me and Calum thus just sat and wrote maths poetry for the double periods instead of working. They were some really, really depressing poems...

I had a Maths second prelim today.

During the credit paper there was sobbing to be heard from various parts of the room, i.e. my chair. :down:

Luckily, I got a 1 in the first prelim and have absolutely no intention of going anywhere near higher maths next year, so I guess it's all good. :D

I had a Maths second prelim today.

During the credit paper there was sobbing to be heard from various parts of the room' date=' i.e. my chair. :down:

Luckily, I got a 1 in the first prelim and have absolutely no intention of going anywhere near higher maths next year, so I guess it's all good. :D[/quote']

hmmmmmmmm... aren't you a bit young to be in 4rth year? in nearl a year older than you and im the youngest in my year, im also the smallest .

maths is one of my week points i expect to skim it

hmmmmmmmm... aren't you a bit young to be in 4rth year? in nearl a year older than you and im the youngest in my year' date=' im also the smallest .

maths is one of my week points i expect to skim it[/quote']

How can you be almost sixteen and one of the youngest in your year?

I coulda been in the year below if I'd wanted, but there's younger than me in my year.

How can you be almost sixteen and one of the youngest in your year?

I coulda been in the year below if I'd wanted' date=' but there's younger than me in my year.[/quote']

i know, its just my school has funny age restrictions it ignores the age group that state schools have

Higher maths is just silly, but i did start to enjoy it more after i realised my maths teacher was into progressive rock. haha. Every time he came over to check my work the topic would just be changed to music. Eventually he (and all my other teachers when they realised what musc i listened to) just started bombarding me with all their old music collection. My photography teacher ended up actually giving me an Eric Clapton cd. Meanwhile good ol' Mr Craig would be lending me the Ozric Tentacles and lots of strange electronica.

It did start to get annoying after a while, but hey it beats actually working...

Higher maths is the biggest fucking joke in the world. i got 48/130 in my estimate and that was me thining i did well in one of the papers. Just booked a tutor last night :down::down::down:

I was thinking about getting a job tutoring maths. My finances are looking pretty low at the moment, and seeing as I got a B at advanced higher I'd probably be not too bad at it. I think I'll wait until I cant afford my rent, then try to get a tutoring job!