aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Micah P. Hinson ~ ...and the Pioneer Saboteurs

Is this a good 'een? I've liked everything else, but I'm scared he'll go downhill or something.

I bought Broken Bells - s/t as it was in the sale in One Up, and the new Holy Fuck album as it came with a free EP.

Bargains.com.

Haven't bought any new CDs in an age, had to stop myself spending everything I've earned. :(

Is this a good 'een? I've liked everything else, but I'm scared he'll go downhill or something.

I've only had the one listen so far, I wouldn't say it's his strongest album, certainly didn't grab me like his previous ones did, but I wouldn't say it was at the 'going downhill' stage either, still better than a lot of cack out there.

I never bought the new Melvins album afterall. I heard it on Spotify and I didn't take to it.

Did you buy the one before? 'A Senile Animal' is the last one I got which was quite good but someone told me the last one wasn't great. I've been waiting to pick it up cheap but it's holding it's price like an Angelina Jolie pube.

Sleigh Bells - Treats

Pretty good I guess. I like the song Straight A's, it's pretty crazy.

The old Poison The Well guitar player is in this lot. Had a brief listen on Spotify and wasn't sure what to make of it. Apparently they drew large crowds at Primavera.

The old Poison The Well guitar player is in this lot. Had a brief listen on Spotify and wasn't sure what to make of it. Apparently they drew large crowds at Primavera.

Great band (Sleigh Bells not PTW), wish I'd seen them at Primavera but they were stupidly on at the same time as Pavement.

Today I bought -

The Beautiful South - Painting It Red

The Beautiful South - Blue Is the Colour

Orange Juice - Felicity (Vinyl single)

I love Paul Heaton and have been listening to a lot of Housemartins and decided to revisit the genius of the Beautiful South and found both those albums in Oxfam plus some tasty Orange Juice vinyl which was a fantastic 1.99. Oxfam on Back Wynd is amazing for music, some absolute gems to be found in the vinyl section.

Beach House ~ Teen Dream

Did see this band at Primavera and they were absolutely magical.

Oxfam on Back Wynd is amazing for music, some absolute gems to be found in the vinyl section.

Yeah, that Oxfam shop is great. Picked up the first Trencher album on vinyl for 3 and a DJ Format album on CD not that long ago. I never seem to be able to leave without buying a book or two either.

Sunburned Hand Of The Man ~ The Secret In Disguise Tour CD

Vibracathedral Orchestra ~ Live '03

Rudimentary Peni ~ The EP's Of RP

DJ Scotch Egg ~ Scotch Hausen

Poison Girls ~ Statement box set

Hey Colossus And The Van Halen Time Capsule ~ Eurogrumble Vol 1 LP

Playschool ~ The Tale Of A Donkeys Tail And Other Stories LP

Hey Colossus / Dethscalator ~ Split LP

Sloath ~ Sloath LP

Sunburned Hand Of The Man ~ The Secret In Disguise Tour CD

Vibracathedral Orchestra ~ Live '03

Rudimentary Peni ~ The EP's Of RP

DJ Scotch Egg ~ Scotch Hausen

Poison Girls ~ Statement box set

Hey Colossus And The Van Halen Time Capsule ~ Eurogrumble Vol 1 LP

Playschool ~ The Tale Of A Donkeys Tail And Other Stories LP

Hey Colossus / Dethscalator ~ Split LP

Sloath ~ Sloath LP

Eurogrumble is brutal as fuck. I thought I was going to mess myself just listening to it at a low volume. Totally great.

That Sloath LP is mint too.