SNES vs Megadrive

Sam 45

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you rot in the bowels of hell.

me too. It's frickin' freezing in here Mr Bigglesworth! >_<

[EDIT]I also have a save file where I finished the game in 11 minutes! ^_^ I'm sure I could do it quicker if I really tried![/EDIT]

Guest haigyman
I'd say the SNES' date=' even if I never did find all 96 levels on Super Mario World.

Hardest game ever is The Terminator on the Master System. Could never finish the last fucking level......[/quote']

i bet you missed that bastarding tough one where you have to fly/jump off yoshi under the exit - you know the one, it's on a bridge

ooh! ooh! or the one in choco island where it has different exits depending on the time you take...or something

i bet you missed that bastarding tough one where you have to fly/jump off yoshi under the exit - you know the one' date=' it's on a bridge

ooh! ooh! or the one in choco island where it has different exits depending on the time you take...or something[/quote']

Jumping off Yoshi is almost as hard as flying. Cuz getting him there is just a pain! The 5-up you get for doing it is nice tho! (or is it 3-up....not sure)

Guest Scorge Spike
i bet you missed that bastarding tough one where you have to fly/jump off yoshi under the exit - you know the one' date=' it's on a bridge

ooh! ooh! or the one in choco island where it has different exits depending on the time you take...or something[/quote']

Nice try, but I think I managed both of them.

Last time I had a session, I came about 5 or 6 levels short......

Guest haigyman
Nice try' date=' but I think I managed both of them.

Last time I had a session, I came about 5 or 6 levels short......[/quote']

hmmm, what about the ghost houses, they usually have bits where you have to fly over the normal exit, or find a secret door to fight big boo

or maaaaybe one of the numerous routes in the foreset levels

Completed it with the missus a couple of months back' date=' the secret is to not use any magic until you get to the piss-takingly difficult bosses towards the end.

SNES: Donkey Kong Country 1,2 and 3, Zelda, Mario Kart, Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Super Punch Out, Super Double Dragon. All timeless classics.

MD: PGA golf series and the almighty Streets of Rage games!

This, for me, is a tricky one to call as I love both consoles.

If anyone has a copy of Streets of Rage 3 then I beg of you to sell it to me.[/quote']

OMG OMG OMG PGA Tour golf WHAT A GAME. The theme music at the start was ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT and the replays where there was like a million different images of your ball and the horrible sound when you struck a ball from the heavy rough.....LOVING IT

Guest haigyman
Jumping off Yoshi is almost as hard as flying. Cuz getting him there is just a pain! The 5-up you get for doing it is nice tho! (or is it 3-up....not sure)

i THINK i maybe used a blue yoshi, and just flew over the level, though yoshi made it possible to jump on all the chainsaws - a cape was needed for proper manueaverability

Megadrive. I was actually the best at The Lion king...although it took me a few goes to get past the Stampede level. fucking Wildebeest. Sonic was the best thing ever and i have fond memories of spending many days kicking my brothers ass at Road Rash by blootering him offscreen at the start of each race. Fantastic.

Guest scott cs.

i have a SNES at my girlfriends house, best present ever!

i've got Super Mario World (3 in cash converters, best bargain ever! altho i'm stuck), Starwing, Mario Kart and Zelada: LTTP.

if anyone wishes to sell me a second controller or has Ghouls and Ghosts, CastleVania, Altered Beast or indeed any other games you may have, PM me or something.

also, my brother imported a DS before xmas with the Mario game you get for it. it's alot of fun, but as the system dosent get releases here untill next month, he's not been able to get any more games for it. the fact that is multi regional is pretty cool i think.

i have a SNES at my girlfriends house' date=' best present ever!

i've got Super Mario World (3 in cash converters, best bargain ever! altho i'm stuck), Starwing, Mario Kart and Zelada: LTTP.

if anyone wishes to sell me a second controller or has Ghouls and Ghosts, CastleVania, Altered Beast or indeed any other games you may have, PM me or something.

also, my brother imported a DS before xmas with the Mario game you get for it. it's alot of fun, but as the system dosent get releases here untill next month, he's not been able to get any more games for it. the fact that is multi regional is pretty cool i think.[/quote']

Altered Beast was a Sega only game I'm afraid, so you will have to get a megadrive or master system to play it. Either that or pick up the crappy PS2 remake which came out last week :down:

Megadrive. I was actually the best at The Lion king...although it took me a few goes to get past the Stampede level. fucking Wildebeest. Sonic was the best thing ever and i have fond memories of spending many days kicking my brothers ass at Road Rash by blootering him offscreen at the start of each race. Fantastic.

dude,the stampede level was the easiest!it took me like 10 yrs to figure out the cave level at the end.

anyhoo close call but would have to say megadrive,just.purely due to mortal kombat,eternal champions and toe jam and earl

my fave megadrive games are

mean bean machine, decap attack, comix zone, sonic 1, 2 & 3, gunstar heroes, golden axe and alien syndrome

but the snes pwned it like fuck

super metroid, super mario allstars+world, mario paint, turtles tournament fighting, zelda: link to the past, sim city, battletoads vs double dragon, hagane, demons crest, megaman 7, swat cats, plok, zombies ate my neighbours, cybernator, super contra, buster busts loose, total carnage, smash tv, tales of phantasia, chrono trigger, kirby all stars and loads more i forgot

p.s. nes is the daddy

Guest Jake Wifebeater
It's probably a fucking ghost house. But I don't know which one.

This thread is going to drive me fucking bananas until I can get back onto a SNES now......

Scorgeous one, get in touch with Skull Commander. He's the manager of Gamestation, and makes many gaming dreams of mine come true. He just cut me a deal on Mario Party 2 and 3, and I utterly love the bastard.