aberdeen-music

New Order to play T in The Park

french_disko

Great news from today's Daily Record -

A NEW ORDER FOR T

Feb 22 2005

Eighties legends to play Balado

By John Dingwall

ROCK legends New Order are to play at this summer's T in the Park. The Manchester band's performance was the highlight of the Shockwaves NME awards bash last week.

Frontman Bernard Sumner and bassist Peter Hook collected the Godlike Genius award.

Then they performed their massive Eighties hit Blue Monday and Love Will Tear Us Apart (by their earlier incarnation Joy Division) in front of an audience packed with celebrities.

Now Scots are to be among the first to see the group back in action.

Despite this summer's T in the Park festival selling out in record time, the latest big name act on the bill is down to festival boss Geoff Ellis's determination to provide the best ever line-up in the event's 12-year history.

He admitted he is close to signing the deal with New Order to play the festival in July.

'It's true I'm in talks with a number of bands for this summer's bill and we're very close to completing a deal to bring New Order to T in the Park for the first time,' said Geoff.

'It's going to happen and that's going to make me a very happy man.

'They are onmy all time wish-list of bands I've wanted at T in the Park since the festival began.'

With a new single Krafty and their eighth studio album Waiting For The Sirens' Call in the pipeline, the band are on the comeback trail.

New Order was formed in 1980 by the members of Joy Division after singer Ian Curtis killed himself.

They fused rock and dance music and hit the mainstream with 1983's million-seller Blue Monday, which became the biggest selling 12-inch single of all time.

In 1990, they topped the charts with the England World Cup song World In Motion, featuring a rap by ex-Celtic manager John Barnes.

Behind Manchester's Hacienda club, they were also largely responsible for nurturing the Madchester scene which spawned bands such as the Happy Mondays and Stone Roses.

New tracks on Waiting For The Sirens' Call include the single and Jetstream, which features Scissor Sisters singer Ana Mantronic on vocals. Their addition to the T in the Park bill will pit them alongside confirmed acts such as Keane, The Streets, Green Day and Foo Fighters.

More than 120 acts will perform on eight stages at the weekend festival, which is a complete sell-out.

And Geoff plans to put tickets for T in the Park 2006on sale immediately after this year's event.

He expects to sell out next year's festival within one week of tickets going on sale on July 11 - a full year in advance and without a single act having been announced.

'T in the Park is an event and people know they will see the best live acts available,' said Geoff.

'It's all about the music and has never been about just one band.

'That's why we intend to put the tickets on sale for next year's T in the Park immediately after this summer's festival.

'We will sell out in a week. It'll be a worldwide first for festivals.

'It will show just how popular T in the Park has become on the worldwide music festival circuit since the first one took place in 1994.'

I bought my ticket last July & since then had to endure poeople commenting on how "sh*t the line up is".

well' date=' f*ck them - New Order, worth the price of the ticket alone.

I've also not seen them live for 11 years so I'm a wee bit excited.....[/quote']

Yeah ive had my ticket since then aswell.....and i have been wrenching at the line up for months....but new order....fuck yeah....think i will go....

Are you going to the Primavera Festival?? Crackin' line up

Alter Ego American Music Club Antony & The Johnsons Art Brut Astrud Bertrand Betsch Brigitte Fontaine Broken Social Scene Christina Rosenvinge Coralie Clment Daniel Darc David Thomas & Two Pale Boys Destroyer Dogs Die in Hot Cars Dominique A Don Nino Erase Errata Erlend ye Experience Franoiz Breut Gang of Four Grabba Grabba Tape Gravenhurst Helena Iggy & The Stooges Isis Jesu Jr. Kompakt Sound System Kristin Hersh Les Georges Leningrad Los Planetas M83 Maximo Park Mercury Rev Micah P. Hinson Nacho Vegas New Order Nouvelle Vague Osl Telescopic Parker & Lily Piano Magic Polysics Psychic TV Radio 4 Ron Sexsmith Sammy Jo DJ Sondre Lerche Sonic Youth Sons & Daughters Sophia Sr. Chinarro Steve Earle & The Dukes Television Personalities The Arcade Fire The Czars The Dirtbombs The Go! Team The Human League The Married Monk The Wedding Present They Might Be Giants Tim Hecker Tortoise Vetiver Vic Chesnutt Vitalic Whignomy Brothers Whitey Wiley

Barcelona

26/27/28 May

http://www.primaverasound.com/

Guest Ancient Mariner
American Music Club Astrud Brigitte Fontaine David Thomas & Two Pale Boys Dogs Die in Hot Cars Erase Errata Erlend ye Experience Gang of Four Iggy & The Stooges Isis Jesu Jr. Kristin Hersh Les Georges Leningrad Los Planetas M83 Maximo Park Mercury Rev Micah P. Hinson Nacho Vegas New Order Nouvelle Vague Osl Telescopic Parker & Lily Piano Magic Polysics Psychic TV Radio 4 Ron Sexsmith Sammy Jo DJ Sondre Lerche Sonic Youth Sons & Daughters Sophia Sr. Chinarro Steve Earle & The Dukes Television Personalities The Arcade Fire The Czars The Dirtbombs The Go! Team The Human League The Wedding Present They Might Be Giants Tim Hecker Tortoise

Fuck me, that's a line up and a half

My Film Studies tutor just sent every student an e-mail pleading for a T-In the Park ticket, as he hasn't missed a UK gig since 1989. Strangely, on Sunday he pleaded for a ticket for KT Tunstall at the Lemon Tree.

This makes it sound cheaper than staying in Adeen and going to TripTych....

Well, flights to Spain cost roughly the same as two stops on a First bus, so you might be right ...

Anyway, I've not checked the dates but, this way, I think I get to do both.

No chasing anyone round the country for TripTych this year, though. Oh no.

Are you going to the Primavera Festival?? Crackin' line up

Alter Ego American Music Club Antony & The Johnsons Art Brut Astrud Bertrand Betsch Brigitte Fontaine Broken Social Scene Christina Rosenvinge Coralie Clment Daniel Darc David Thomas & Two Pale Boys Destroyer Dogs Die in Hot Cars Dominique A Don Nino Erase Errata Erlend ye Experience Franoiz Breut Gang of Four Grabba Grabba Tape Gravenhurst Helena Iggy & The Stooges Isis Jesu Jr. Kompakt Sound System Kristin Hersh Les Georges Leningrad Los Planetas M83 Maximo Park Mercury Rev Micah P. Hinson Nacho Vegas New Order Nouvelle Vague Osl Telescopic Parker & Lily Piano Magic Polysics Psychic TV Radio 4 Ron Sexsmith Sammy Jo DJ Sondre Lerche Sonic Youth Sons & Daughters Sophia Sr. Chinarro Steve Earle & The Dukes Television Personalities The Arcade Fire The Czars The Dirtbombs The Go! Team The Human League The Married Monk The Wedding Present They Might Be Giants Tim Hecker Tortoise Vetiver Vic Chesnutt Vitalic Whignomy Brothers Whitey Wiley

Barcelona

26/27/28 May

http://www.primaverasound.com/

well i'm sold.

oh my, i didn't even notice Les Georges Leningrad, woowoowoo

woo

Guest Ancient Mariner
fradley? he's pushing his luck with those e-mails

what fs course are you doing? i'm in 3rd year' date=' doing the new hollywood one[/quote']

Did you get one too? I just did Introduction to American Cinema(1st year). I will be doing European Cinema next year.

I'm saying 'bugger it' and going to see them in Barcelona in May instead' date=' because it's going to cost about the same as TITP.

[b']Oh, and there's probably going to be a brief UK tour April/May.

God i hope so there on my now very short list of must see bands, the only other band i really need to see is THE CURE :rockon: