aberdeen-music

Lamest Band Of The Year Award

Paulscoconutass

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im afraid I don't buy into the Anti-Darkness thing either... I would agree they have their ripping off moments (you won't meet a bigger Queen fan than myself...). But after seeing them live, and hearing a good albums worth of new material... I can only say I was very impressed. I would quite happily buy their next album and go and see them again. I guess its just an opinion thing... What I respect about them though is they know damn well that so many people loathe them... but they just seem to stick two fingers up to them, walk on stage and rock. Fair play to them...

I would definitely go with Busted/McFly/Red Hot Chilli Peppers... The Chilli's don't have that old flame anymore...

Even when i have tried to introduce new ideas on this forum with great bands such as oceansize' date=' nine inch nails, tool, halo..[/quote']

Yeah, thanks for that - nobody on the boards had ever heard of any of those bands before you set up shop here to impart your wisdom on us o' great one.

I hope you keep posting on here for ever though because nothing ever gives me as much of a laugh as when you join in on a topic. You come along thinking you've got some sort of uber-opinion that none of us mere mortals could ever understand and proceed to get completely slayed EVERY time :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I actually can't believe i wasted my time reading this pile of shite right through.Infact' date=' I'm not even going to bother saying why its shite, it just is. If you disagree, then you are wrong. :moody:

Ironic is the fact that you go on about how arrogant people are because they don't appreciate real talent, yet you are the arrogant one for stating that you think everything that an MTV2 or Kerrang! viewer likes is too popular and should be discarded because its not supporting underground bands. Yes, it really is quite funny this coming from a NIN fan, who you most likely heard of due to some form of media like the radio or [b']music television, and have probably sold millions of albums. nah, i didn't think it made much sense either :up:

You fail to see the point that alot of nine inch nail videos aren't shown on music tv as alot of them are banned. Your post does nothing against my claim, when infact the evidence speaks for itself. So explain to me why when i try to promote a band like halo and even give people a link so they can hear their sound when infact all the people who have no knowledge of this band don't show any interest at all?

My friend introduced me to NIN. Your presumption is wrong

Yeah' date=' thanks for that - nobody on the boards had ever heard of any of those bands before you set up shop here to impart your wisdom on us o' great one.

I hope you keep posting on here for ever though because nothing ever gives me as much of a laugh as when you join in on a topic. You come along thinking you've got some sort of uber-opinion that none of us mere mortals could ever understand and proceed to get completely slayed EVERY time :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:[/quote']

Oh so you actually checked out halo when i gave the link to their material?

Oh so you actually checked out halo when i gave the link to their material?

Isn't Halo on Relapse, meaning that their album will have pretty wide distribution/be available for ordering through most music stores?

Not the best example to prove that you know your underground music.

* wonders off to listen to some Whitehouse *

My friend introduced me to NIN. Your presumption is wrong

Ah yes, but you would say that;)

So did you not bother to speak the shite you do on here to your friend? I mean, he probably wasn't introduced to NIN by a friend aswell :rolleyes:

The problem is rune, you can't understand everything what someone is trying to say, so instead, you will pick out parts which do make sense to you and come up with some bullshit argument which is nothing like the original post. Ever heard of a general statement? a lot of NIN videos are banned. Who gives a shit? At the end of the day, they are still played on music tv with their unbanned videos, so it shouldnt really matter.

And how do you know if people don't like Halo or not? Did you just presume nobody did because there weren't 2 or 3 threads devoted to how good this band were the next time you logged on? You can't tell that people are taking an interest or not just by their decision to post about it or not. I have the link to Halo's music in my bookmarks. Now i admit to not having a listen yet, but when i can be arsed doing so, regardless of wether i liked or not, don't expect me to post about it just so it makes you happy

Ah yes' date=' but you would say that;)

So did you not bother to speak the shite you do on here to your friend? I mean, he probably wasn't introduced to NIN by a friend aswell :rolleyes:

The problem is rune, you can't understand everything what someone is trying to say, so instead, you will pick out parts which do make sense to you and come up with some bullshit argument which is nothing like the original post. Ever heard of a general statement? a lot of NIN videos are banned. Who gives a shit? At the end of the day, they are still played on music tv with their unbanned videos, so it shouldnt really matter.

And how do you know if people don't like Halo or not? Did you just presume nobody did because there weren't 2 or 3 threads devoted to how good this band were the next time you logged on? You can't tell that people are taking an interest or not just by their decision to post about it or not. I have the link to Halo's music in my bookmarks. Now i admit to not having a listen yet, but when i can be arsed doing so, regardless of wether i liked or not, don't expect me to post about it just so it makes you happy[/quote']

Since i don't read into the media or magazines as i've stated before on previous threads i really wouldn't know where you come from on that stance. The halo thread go no feedback about the link i provided. Don't you think that shows lack of interest? I really do scratch my head and wonder why people would decline to offer comments on the link provided.

But really be honest, wouldn't you expect feed back if you provided a download link?

do you never feel that maybe if you didnt come across as such a complete loser then people might actually listen to you. as it is no one cares what you think, or cares what bands you think people may enjoy because you try and force your opinions on other people.

Get a life man please.

Stop getting so worked up on a message board.

The halo thread go no feedback about the link i provided. Don't you think that shows lack of interest?

Or perhaps not worthy of commenting on.... stop crying about it, I've put up several threads on bands like The Living End and The Bloodhound Gang (who aren't even small bands), even Onion Terror and had little feedback, y'hear me crying? It's not the end of the world..

Dry your eyes mate.

do you never feel that maybe if you didnt come across as such a complete loser then people might actually listen to you. as it is no one cares what you think' date=' or cares what bands you think people may enjoy because you try and force your opinions on other people.

Get a life man please.

Stop getting so worked up on a message board.[/quote']

Two wrongs don't make a right tho damm i give up, all this is pointless

Or perhaps not worthy of commenting on.... stop crying about it' date=' I've put up several threads on bands like The Living End and The Bloodhound Gang (who aren't even small bands), even Onion Terror and had little feedback, y'hear me crying? It's not the end of the world..

Dry your eyes mate.[/quote']

Not me you should be worrying about it's the promoters, that's where my concerns lie