aberdeen-music

Triptych

unknown pleasures

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh it's this game is it?

According to the ninjatunes website' date=' Roots Manuva is playing the lemon tree in edinburgh, while he'll also be playing the liquid rooms in aberdeen.

tee[/quote']

His own website has him down as Aberdeen on Friday 29th.

And of course, there's LCD Soundsystem on the 30th.

So, just waiting for SY to confirm.........

Guest Ancient Mariner
Fucking hell! If they come...I was all excited at seeing Teenage Fanclub a few years back for the Triptych' date=' only to find they brought along Jad Fair and played zero of their own songs. But please Thurston, erase those memories![/quote']

Well if the Fannies didn't play their hits, then Sonic Youth sure as bolls aren't going to (what hits?). Instead they'll take a 20-minute excursion into droneland, punctuated only by a 30-year old at the back shouting "Teenage Riot!!!"

Well if the Fannies didn't play their hits' date=' then Sonic Youth sure as bolls aren't going to. Instead they'll take a 20-minute excursion into droneland, punctuated only by a 30-year old at the back shouting "Teenage Riot!!!"[/quote']

Lets hope SY do two sets. One for the chin strokers out there thats very experimental, and the other a little more feedback meets Madonna vis Mark E Smith....

Dave

Lets hope SY do two sets. One for the chin strokers out there thats very experimental' date=' and the other a little more feedback meets Madonna vis Mark E Smith....

Dave[/quote']

set list last september in glasgow was heavily weighted towards the last 2 CDs with the odd "hit" now & again. lots of feedback / drone excursions at the end of tracks but none as long as 20 minutes.

however, that tour was to support "Sonic Nurse" & it may be different this time - will they take the chance to be more experimental in smaller venues? Or will it be a greatest hits set?

Guest Ancient Mariner
They could have played one or two! I was young and innocent back then! Id have given my right eye for "alcoholiday" to close the set that night!

I remember thinking: "I'd give my left bollock for some one braver than me to lob a bottle off Jad Fair's coupon...."

I also thought "I've never wanted a beer more in my life", because, if I remember rightly, we were on the ginger variety that night.

I remember thinking: "I'd give my left bollock for some one braver than me to lob a bottle off Jad Fair's coupon...."

I also thought "I've never wanted a beer more in my life"' date=' because, if I remember rightly, we were on the ginger variety that night.[/quote']

Lol! Yes indeed...hahahahahahaha. And the two of us, taller than everyone in the venue, both wearing Smashing Pumpkins "Zero" tshirts...ah good times!!

many times, like once a month since october

it's ok cos on the nightbus you can usually sleep

one time though, the heating was broken and it was too hot

then they wouldn't let us off to stretch our legs after 9 hours like they normally do

that was pretty hellish

the best part is that on the way back the bus is driven by an eccentric gentleman called "magic joe", who plays hip-hop over the pa as the bus leaves the station and flirts with female passengers (offering to fasten their seatbelts)