aberdeen-music

Triptych

unknown pleasures

hope less....................gain more

Unless they have cranked up what I heard was in the book in November

by a BIG margin' date=' prepare to be disappointed[/quote']

LCD Soundsystem, Roots Manuva, Gruff Rhys...... it's not bad so far!

And DJ Format is the following Wednesday at the Lemon Tree, ::Synergy:: at The Tunnels the following Friday - my week is busy enough as it is!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

havent been in the loop for a while' date=' in fact havent even been to the tunnels yet. so could anyone (chilli?) drop some knowledge of any upcoming ultra hip leftfield musical alumni that are soon to be gracing the aforementioned venue ? planning on lifting the self imposed hermit status and getting to a few gigs in the next couple of months....[/quote']

here's a few

try the ::synergy:: night - the 1st Frid of the month

improvised & experimental "free folk" package featuring David Keenan amongst others

Tues 15th Mar

Shift @ The Castlegate Sat 26th March (amazing line up & its FREE)

The amazing Caribou (formerly Maintoba) plus the wonderful Kasule - Sat 23rd Apr

Lots of other fantastic shows being lined up between now & the end of June

Mon 6th June A Japanes extravaganza - only Scottish date Acid Mothers Temple

all these @ The Tunnels

here's a few

try the ::synergy:: night - the 1st Frid of the month

improvised & experimental "free folk" package featuring David Keenan amongst others

Tues 15th Mar

Shift @ The Castlegate Sat 26th March (amazing line up & its FREE)

The amazing Caribou (formerly Maintoba) plus the wonderful Kasule - Sat 23rd Apr

Lots of other fantastic shows being lined up between now & the end of June

Mon 6th June A Japanes extravaganza - only Scottish date Acid Mothers Temple

all these @ The Tunnels

acid mothers temple? just checking i'm reading that right. Too late anyway, i just soiled myself and you're probably toying with me again.

i love you.

havent been in the loop for a while' date=' in fact havent even been to the tunnels yet. so could anyone (chilli?) drop some knowledge of any upcoming ultra hip leftfield musical alumni that are soon to be gracing the aforementioned venue ? planning on lifting the self imposed hermit status and getting to a few gigs in the next couple of months....[/quote']

Look out for any posters that have either DRAKES PRODUCTIONS or INTERESTING MUSIC on them. If you want leftfield then go to 'any' of the gigs under these banners. There are many others that I haven't mentioned, sorry.

SHIFT should be attended by all! A mini alternative music, art and multi media fest in the heart of the city for nowt ! Have to pay for the booze that will be sold though!

To all... If you like music then it is your duty to attend!

Jim

Not a Sonic Aberdeen line-up either.............

hmm, no.

having said that, it's difficult to complain when no bugger goes.

I mean, for the mute nights last year, there were more people in the queue at the bar in Edinburgh and Glasgow than came to the Lemon Tree.

I seem to remember, at some point during the evening, Chris & Cosey were playing to an audience comprised entirely of me, my mate Martin and Andy Shearer. Admittedly, I had the comfort of knowing I would get another chance to see whatever I was missing downstairs the following night but, still ...

Then, on the other hand, people like me who went down to Glasgow and Edinburgh for some of the nights probably don't help either. Which is a pisser, because I think I might be forced to do it again, because I really want to see Stockhausen, ESG and a couple of other not making it up here ...

edit: It's still pretty good, though. Not often you get five days in a row there's something worth heading out for ...

Always somebody nae happy! There's at least one thing' date=' if not more, worth seeing every night. That can't be bad.[/quote']

I' certainly not complaining - only The Fall, Money Mark, LCD & Roots Manuva that I REALLY like but I'm gonna go to stuff every night - firstly, to hear new music. Secondly, to support the event in town.

My only gripe is i'm gonna be 92 quid worse off by the end of today.....