aberdeen-music

Leave It To Egon Track Online

Acey Trixx

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sure its what people who like metal call shit hot.

Close but not quite...

Sorry to me a negative nelly but putting up something recorded like that doesn't give a good impression of your band. Someone else did it a while ago and then came back with "but it's just rough" and "we just used a mic" perhaps if you do a live recording or something then it would yeild a better result.

Guest Nikola Tesla

I don't understand why bands feel the need to record so early. It confuses me.

I tend to agree here, too many bands are recording really early and arn't honing the live sound well enough. It's a shame as music is far more effecting in the live enviroment than on cd.

I don't understand why bands feel the need to record so early. It confuses me.

well to get shows some promoters ask for demos, we (altitude-0) have been asked about 5 times in our short life time (2 months) for a demo, so we have been in touch with mark nicol and we are planning on recording their in 2 months.

well to get shows some promoters ask for demos' date=' we (altitude-0) have been asked about 5 times in our short life time (2 months) for a demo, so we have been in touch with mark nicol and we are planning on recording their in 2 months.[/quote']

true, on many occassions you will need a demo, but word of mouth is the best form of promotion. there is no point in recording a substandard demo just 'cause you 'have' to. a rushed demo can make you sound shite and you may even lose gigs because of it.

Sorry dude, this ain't a reflection on you're band at all so don't take it that way, but with all the recording genius in the world and all the best technology shit is still shit no matter how you dress it up. I personally feel its better to have played your songs to the death so you're comfortable and confident playing them, even in the most stressfull environment i.e a gig set-up. This way when you come to record your songs will sound polished and delivered with the energy and conviction you would put into an amazing live performance.

Think of it this way, you're first fuck- wasn't that impressive when you look back on it. A year or so down the line- you can deliver a performance worthy of attention and accolade.

:D

Sorry dude' date=' this ain't a reflection on you're band at all so don't take it that way, but with all the recording genius in the world and all the best technology shit is still shit no matter how you dress it up. I personally feel its better to have played your songs to the death so you're comfortable and confident playing them, even in the most stressfull environment i.e a gig set-up. This way when you come to record your songs will sound polished and delivered with the energy and conviction you would put into an amazing live performance.

Think of it this way, you're first fuck- wasn't that impressive when you look back on it. A year or so down the line- you can deliver a performance worthy of attention and accolade.

:D[/quote']

LOL! well if you put it like that